DAYS: June Promo!

• Members
Wow, charming. My first comment wasn't meant to be snarky. But thanks for making it that way, and sort of putting words in my mouth. I was honestly sort of shocked people didn't know because I'm not reading as much spoilers as I used to and I remember reading this one here a while ago. It had nothing to do with the rest of my post, hence the double space.

I haven't told anyone what to write and what not to write, and I didn't say anyone owed me any explanation of anything (why would they?), so I don't know were you got that from. But you did a great attempt of trying to twist my words again.

Perhaps what I wrote came across wrong, that was not my intention at all. Sorry for speaking my mind. Truely sorry. I hope you except my apology.

I also hope I didn't offend anyone else, and if I did... I'm sorry to you as well.

Wow.

Hmm. The reason I did stop by was because people did miss me and I missed them, so I thought I'd say "hi" to them and then just happend to stumble upon this thread... with a great promo. ;)

I really don't care what you think, that's not why I shared my opinion. But atleast I can apologize for what I said and how my words obviously offended another person. And I didn't single out anyone and shouted in their face like you just did. I wasn't even talking to just someone in only this thread, sorry if it appeared as if I did. Just an overall observation, that's all.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The point was not everyone is following the same spoilers you follow, hence why many are upset about hearing this news for the first time.

You said, "Sure, have an opinion. But please, lighten up. You'll feel so much better, I promise." Obviously from that one can infer you were advising others to change the way they presented their opinions, since you personally don't like the tone of them. Again, if you don't like the way certain posters post, deal with it, it's not going to change and no one in here cares enough to change the way they post to suit your agenda. Perhaps you were making a joke and it didn't come across that way to me, so, it could be a mis-communication.

Perhaps it did across wrong, and if that's the case, it's a simple misunderstanding, and it's all good. Nothing to worry about, it happens all the time on message boards. :)

• Members
I don't really follow spoilers that much. I sometimes take a sneak peak in this section mainly because of DAYS. As I said before I havent watched the show for over a year. So I just read some threads to keep me updated about the life in Salem.

But back to the topic. If I remember correctly it was a thread many people responed to. So that's why I was surprised. But it's not a biggie really.

Yeah, it was meant as a joke. Well, not a joke as in "ha ha, funny one". It was meant to be taken more lightly and in a fun way. Like " hey guys, lighten up :D ".

I knew I should've added some smilies. I tend to forget sometimes. :)

It does. It often happens because you can't see the facial expressions and such of the person "speaking".

Thank you. :)

Me neither actually. Although unless it's something really shocking I'm more for watching it first, then I can judge. jmo :)

• Members

So the Horton House set is too big and not easily dismantled/reassembled? How sad that it could not continue as a part of the show.That set,in some ways,is as much a character of the show as the people.

Was a church set also too big? The scenes at the cemetry could have easily played at a church.

• Members

I wonder what kind of "profound" plans they have for the chair?

LOL... Would anyone be surprised if they swapped out the Hourglass for a spinning image of Alice's chair?

"This is MacDonald Carey... This is a chair... and these are the Days of our Lives...."

• Members

Of course they had to start off the promo with the stupid EJ and Sami crap. And She was in the same fricking position when I stopped watching three years ago. Though then it was Lucas and EJ. The promo should have been devoted to just Alice.

I am going to watch for the returns and the funeral of Alice. Once it is over, I am going back to not watching.

• Members

If it was a question of expense, then I think Gary Tomlin should have chosen a church set over a cemetery one. Tom Horton got a church when he died, so why not his wife? Like you say, Paul Raven, they could have played those scenes (w/ everyone giving touching eulogies and all) at the church, then cut to some gathering place, such as Brady's Pub, afterward.

• Members

Well, they already invested into bringing back the Horton house, which they didn´t even show the last two christmasses, so that´s probably very expensive and spacy set. So I quess they would have to dismantle it first to make place for the churh set (which is huge as well) and the logistic of it plus incorporating all the returnees would be just too much. I know people don´t like to hear it, but it´s not like the show can put on hold everything or drain its budget just for the Alice´s funeral. They have a tight schedule they have to keep with and it´s not like by loosing the church we are loosing anything substantial except the place. The eulogies, the memories, the flashbacks can still happen and they will happen, just somewhere else.

Btw, if you saw the promo they are not using the big stand-alone cementery set. They are using the Kiriakis backlot set just taped from a different angle with some statues and tombstones put in. The wall behind is very noticable and it´s also much smaller than that old cementery which was actually walk through and conneceted to the church. So no additional expenses.

Archived