DC Blind Items

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Vanessa Marcil/General Hospital. I'm not saying it'll happen but DC obviously thinks that it will.

Frank Valentini/One Life to Live and Jessica Tuck/Days of Our Lives. The soap-within-a-soap reference is the dead giveaway. Fraternity Row anyone?

Sean Young/Young and the Restless.

Thorston Kaye/OLTL

This could apply to both Y&R and Bold and the Beautiful.

Victoria Rowell/Y&R.

Ron Carlivati/OLTL.

This could be OLTL, DOOL, or Y&R. None of them are making any sense right now. These days, it would be more of a news flash if a show's storylines did make sense to it's actors and audience.

Stacy Haiduk/Y&R.

Molly Burnett and Casey Deidrick DOOL. Chad & Melanie after Phillip's ONS blows up in his face? Ugh, no thanks. I have a feeling that like most real-life couples, they have little or no chemistry onscreen. Besides, Chad and Will are soulmates, as are Melanie and a woodchipper. ;)

• Members

They have to be talking about Vanessa Marcil. First off, the tramp stamp. VM is pretty widely known to have one, and I remembe on Night Shift season one, with the brenda type girl in the ambulance, several people mentioned her having a tattoo on her lower back SIMILAR TO BRENDA.

And the look a likes refference? Brenda has more look a like, failed follow up characters than anyone else in daytime.

And the Prince referrence...That pretty much just seals that they are talking about her...But that doesn't mean it's necessarily true. IDK.

And I think the one about the "fans desperately wanting them back" is about Victoria Rowell. She has been getting interviewed left and right saying she is "able and willing" to go back, which is just making fans even more pissed that CBS hasnt made her and offer.

• Members

Going to take a shot it:

Blow out the candles. No more need for rain dances, or vigils, the season of silk pajamas, tramp stamps and sexy giggles is (almost) officially upon us. Word is SHE returns on screen in August. Just when I thought all hope was lost (sheds tear of unadulterated fanboy joy before going to listen to Prince). All pretenders to the throne beware, the original is on her way...

Vanessa Marcil

Which showrunner is royally pissed off that an actress who played an iconic role on his or her soap in the 80's is currently winning critical raves in a recurring role on a soap on another coast? Apparently the thesp-in-question was asked to return for a VSP (Very Special Episode) by her old soaping grounds in recent years, yet declined (Well her character did die onscreen!). Sounds like a soap-within-a-soap to me.

Jessica Tuck and it's Frank that's pissed off.

Don't be surprised if a soap guest star ends up sticking around indefinitely. Apparently the brass has become very enamored by the actor and are thinking of offering him or her a contract.

No idea.

One soap recently shifted everything storywise, preparing for the return of one of their most popular blasts from the past, only for the divo to decide at the last minute he'd rather have a V-8.

OLTL and they were preparing for TK return.

People in the know are chuckling about how one soap loves to brag about having big names "on contract" to make it appear like a big get, when said contracts are always for very limited runs, sometimes as little as 40-something episodes. Talk about spin.

While it could easily be B&B or Y&R, it could be ATWT. They brought in several big names from other soaps and they only ever stay for 3-6 months.

Although TPTB hate a former soap star, who fans desperately want back on the soap, everytime the ratings dip too low, talk of bringing the actor back comes up.

Victoria Rowell

People are starting to whisper the words "burned out" about one daytime writer.

Could apply to all, but it says "whisper" it's probably a writer that was getting praise not too long ago, so either Ron C or the writers at DAYS. People's been saying for years Brad Bell is burned out.

Actors on one soap are scratching their heads about the storylines even moreso than the fans.

Probably Y&R or OLTL.

As if being snubbed for a Daytime Emmy nod wasn't enough, one of daytime's recent breakout stars is on his or her way out, due to a soap entering into another round of insane budget cuts this summer. Expect more blood.

Stacy Haiduk

One soap was so pissed off that a former actor landed a gig on a rival network, they actually attempted to leak nasty lies about the star! SCAN-DAL-OUS!

I'm guessing AMC was pissed when they heard Eden was headed to Y&R.

A real-life couple on one soap is pushing TPTB to let them work together onscreen. Yeah, 'cause that always turns out so well.

No idea.

This one soap is just about ready to tell a demanding-but-insanely-popular diva where to go, and even has a contigency plan—a superstar from a recently cancelled soap, who is just itchin' to join the cast of said show.

I fear this could be Robin Strasser as the diva and Kim Zimmer be the contigency susperstar from a cancelled soap.

Which E.P. has made such a sport of pissing off longterm, beloved stars of his show, that the network is starting to grow fearful no one will even come back to help celebrate a rather, um "poignant" moment in the show's history?

This has got to be Goutman.

Which beloved, former soap couple is rumored to have been offered the chance to reunite on the hit reality competition series The Amazing Race?

Im going out on a limb and say Brett Claywell and Scott Evans. Didn't Scott brother Chris land the role of Captain America, which I think is a Paramount Film? Paramount and CBS both owned by the same people. Never going to get Chris to do the show, but having Captain America's bro race around the globe would be the next best thing. LOL

• Members

I can see GH's ratings going up somewhat if VM/Brenda comes back. I haven't watched GH in over a year and if she is back in August, I'm watching. They won't get huge numbers like her last return, but I do think they'll get an initial increase depending on what they write for her and how they promote her return.

For some guesses:

Although TPTB hate a former soap star, who fans desperately want back on the soap, everytime the ratings dip too low, talk of bringing the actor back comes up.

Genie Francis/Laura

People are starting to whisper the words "burned out" about one daytime writer.

Ron C. at OLTL.

Archived