Y&R: First look at David Hasselhoff on set!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I still am kind of mystified as to why they had Hasselhoff's daughter play a nurse, when they could have just as easily cast her as Jennifer Foster. We're supposed to believe that she was living in England, too, all these years, and her and Liz having a close relationship would be expected. whoever is doing the casting lately has their head up their ass. I'm still dying to know where the hell Trish Stewart is, she seems to have dropped off the face of the planet.

• Members

Because, that's all Maria Arena Bell knows how to do, apparently. True, people grow old and die (or "die") even on soaps, but the way Maria and her team keep racking up the corpses, frankly, it's much safer to live in EDGE OF NIGHT's Monticello.

Just what I said. :-)

• Members

So, is Lauren her sister?

Is this a two for one backburn Laruen & Jill after it's reveal. We know they can't write for both ladies. They probably bond off screen.

I really wanted Ashley to be her sister. This way Billy is still off limits to Ashley & Abby. But now when he finds out that legally he's not related to them. I could see him trying to hook up with them.

• Members

Ok... I know everyone's attention is on the hoff... BUT the Promo I saw at CBS.com... I got a glimpse of Wings Hauser!!! And I am astounded!!! I swear to y'all on a stack of bibles that man looked for all the world like a hobo fresh off the caboose of a Union Pacific! I've never seen a more wretched man on television, unless he was playing a homless man. Something tells me this is gonna grate on my nerves.

• Members

No wonder the Hoff feels so at home -- the production values are back to 1979 level. I saw a promo for his return and I was shocked at how cheap the scenes looked. They looked like a D-list syndicated sci fi program from the Carter years.

• Members

Now, this might be a very unpopular opinion around these parts, but I think Y&R's sets, although lush in comparison to other soaps, have always been a bit on the cheap side. The difference, though, is in how they were lit. John Conboy and, to a lesser extent, Ed Scott knew how to light sets in order to make them look more sumptuous than they really were. Paul Rauch, OTOH, only knows how to make actresses' breasts look bigger.

"Hey, my booze doesn't pay for itself!"

There wouldn't be a need to hire someone like SY if Brenda were still around. ;-)

Archived