Y&R: First look at David Hasselhoff on set!

• Members

From ET Online:

David Hasselhoff returns to the role that first made him famous: Dr. William "Snapper" Young, which he played for six years, on "The Young and the Restless" -- and ET is exclusively on the set for the soap reunion.

"I wanted to come back to say thank you to Bill and Lee Phillip Bell," David tells ET. "He believed in me. I am always loyal to people who believe in me."

David, who went on to primetime TV fame in "Knight Rider" and "Baywatch," says that even to this day people say, "Hey, Snapper." Another incentive to lure him back was there was a role as a nurse that was perfect for his daughter Taylor Ann, who auditioned and landed the part.

"I didn't give her that much advice except to say, 'Keep the energy up,'" says the proud papa of his daughter's TV debut. "She's really focused, Taylor."

Also returning are Juliana McCarthy (Liz) and Wings Hauser (Greg), who play Snapper's mother and brother respectively. The story is that Liz goes to visit Snapper in London, where he now lives, and she gets ill. The decision is made to return her home to Genoa City for treatment and Snapper comes with her.

"When I came back, I was terrified because they don't have cue cards anymore," David tells ET. "You really have got to be on your game. You get one take. You rehearse it and you shoot it. It is like jumping out of a plane. You better be ready to open that chute!"

Don't miss David's return to "Y&R" Tuesday, June 15 on CBS.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived