Lynn Redgrade Dead at 67

DaytimeFan

• Members

According to the Associated Press Lynn Redgrave died at 67 in her Manhattan apartment.

Though she was treated for breast cancer in 2003 there is no mention made of what killed her.

She was looking very unwell at her brother's funeral last month, I am still very curious as to what was actually wrong with her.

Farewell Lynn.

EDIT: CNN confirms that Redgrave died of breast cancer. Her family released the following statement:

"Our beloved mother Lynn Rachel passed away peacefully after a seven year journey with breast cancer," the children - Ben, Pema and Annabel - said in a statement. "She lived, loved and worked harder than ever before. The endless memories she created as a mother, grandmother, writer, actor and friend will sustain us for the rest of our lives. Our entire family asks for privacy through this difficult time."

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Their family has suffered more than their fair share of loss in recent times. :(

On the news here in NY they just said that she died at her home in CT. When I cut the TV on, Barbara Walters briefly interjected and mentioned her passing on The View before they started their interview with Wes Moore.

I really need to see more of her work as my first images of Lynn Redgrave upon the mention of her name are those Weight Watchers commercials she did when I was growing up and that TV remake of Whatever Happened to Baby Jane? she did with her sister Vanessa. :lol: I didn't see it, but when I was in college, my acting teacher raved about Lynn's one-woman show she'd just seen where Lynn masterfully played herself and her father, Sir Michael Redgrave. Wish I'd seen it.

May she rest in peace, condolences to her family and friends.

• Members

She did look very bad at her brother's funeral. I'm surprised she had the strength to be there. What a loss for the acting world, and for her poor family.

I remember that very funny episode of The Nanny she was in.

• Members

And she managed to get through a show with Jackie Mason, which must have been hell.

Alan Bates was one of my favorite actors. I wasn't a huge fan of the movie Georgy Girl but it was very groundbreaking, especially in its portrayal of blatant male sexuality, and it launched some very talented performers.

I've heard people talk about her work in House Calls. I've never seen that show, although it apparently did run 2-3 years, which I didn't realize.

• Members

Lynn obviously had a good sense of humor. I miss these types of cheesy, fun commercials.

Is it true she was fired from House Calls because she wanted to breast feed her baby in her dressing room? I can't believe they would fire her over that.

• Members

It was on for three seasons, but Lynn was fired at the very end (despite being one of the leads) because she wanted to bring her newborn baby to work with her. Apparently, it was a whole big to-do because many believe that Wayne Rogers no longer wanted to share his "starring" role with an already-established actress, he wanted it to be clear that this was "his" show. So they brought in Sharon Gless, who was still only known for guest appearances and such at the time.

RIP Lynn! I will forever cherish her and Vanessa's Baby Jane remake!

• Members

You wanna know the only reason why I've ever heard of House Calls?:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Archived