AMC: Monday, April 26, 2010

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Right, at least get a fountain or a gazebo or even a fake backdrop creating the illusion of space. Better yet, you're in L.A., go outside!

It's weird, but whenever they show Erica's apartment in progress I always think she's in Los Angeles, still have to wrap my brain around the fact that those are her new Pine Valley digs.

• Members

I dunno, I guess they wouldn't mistake me either, as I'm of two minds about nuEmma. Yeah, she doesn't respond to everything in a somnambulant monotone, but this new Emma feels SOO much like Baby June in Gypsy--you can just se Mama Rose right off camera mouthing her lines along with her and telling her to be "bigeger and bigger!". She obviously comes from a far more stage mother family--which is fine and actually I think because of that fits better with having someone like Annie be her mom for so long--that's more how I'd picture her daughter. But I don't find her remotely cute and she kinda gives me the willies.

• Members

LMAO! I'm surprised she's not a NY child actor though, those are the worst (I kid, I kid... but not really).

I thought old Emma's quiet awkwardness worked well when she had her *darker* moments. But a kid actor who gives too little is just as annoying as one who gives too much (though it's easier to get an actor to tone it down than it is to get them to amp it up).

Archived