AMC: SOAPnet May Preview

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Nothing here that really interests me.

The Janet thing sounds stupid and I really hate that Lorraine Broderick, with all the effort she put into making Janet a complex multi-faceted character, is resorting to bringing on McTavish's caricature Janet for a quick "Oh crap! Sweeps is coming up isn't it!?" arc.

In theory I'm all for new headwriters developing underdeveloped characters that already exist but, really, I don't see any potential for Randi and Marissa. And they should just fire Bobbie Eakes and free up that cash.

Damon and Colby aren't established enough to bring in a newbie for a triangle. And Kreizman's younger males (e.g. Jonathan, Rafe, Grady, Gabriel) tend to all look like they just crawled out from under a rock.

I can't add anything re: Rylee that hasn't already been said here.

I do believe that D&D will follow through on their promise for a big story for Angie & Jesse (although they emphasize it's more of an Angie story). They have to set it up though so it probably won't really start in May. But I also believe that the story will suck because it's David Kreizman (I loved Swajeski's AW too much to call her a hack; sadly Kreizman seems to be the dominant one in that writing team).

• Members

If anyone manipulates anyone, it's when "Ryan acts like David" (spoiled for the week of May 3) and IMO fabricates the trip to Rio with Greens and everything else that goes with it! But he's not as good as it as David is, nor is Greens as dumb as David's victims usually are, so I think it's a trip Ryan ends up regretting, since Dalee go right back to their HOT marriage and scheming for world domination! :)

• Members

Seriously. All of these people coming back for short stints, aren't and haven't been doing anything for the ratings! Dixie and Brooke didn't bring in anything, and even though I am over the moon about Janet returning, I don't think she will either! AMC needs to bring back people, and keep them for GOOD. And mine GOOD story for them. Get rid of Randi, Marissa, and Ryape while your at it to free up some room.

I like the way you think, DavidsMuse! Maybe you are right. You have given me a shimmer of hope :)

• Members

It doesn't seem to matter to Greenlee why she's in Rio with Ryan. From of the sound of the scoops, she's not going to be complaining. Ugh. David should have run screaming months ago. This has Ailee redux written all over it. And I'm sorry, but no one better tell ever again that David would never do anything to hurt Greenlee. He's already starting.

As for D&G being the cause of Erica's plane crash, as long as it not something they plan, I think it can work. David would never do whatever they do if he thought Erica could get hurt/killed, and the scoop says as much. I better see some remorse from though, especially after he realizes that Rylee is endgame.

• Members

So far, AMC hasn't let me down, where these two are concerned, so until we know for sure...I'm going with him not expecting what happens, to happen. Or even planning for it. It sounds like they do something expecting and planning for it go one way, and it ends up going wrong. Which makes sense from a David POV. He'd do anything for Greenlee. He is mad and hurt by Erica's actions...so something to get back at her is okay. But I just don't see him going to those depths with her. We'll see I guess, but even Pratt got David/Erica and their relations to one another right. LOL

Archived