SOD: Bill Horton Recast!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I must remember to watch these eps for Alice's funeral - when is it all supposed to begin?

John Martin: an interesting choice. He wasn't bad on SuBe, be not outstanding, either. There always seemed to be a dullness about him.

OT, but did I see Joyce Guy guesting several weeks back? It was around the time that Nicole was in jail for some reason.

Close, except the man turned out to be Gabi's father, who had been sexually abusing her as a child. It was partly why she resented Paula, and why she was all bitchy.

Leigh Taylor Young played Elaine - Paula and Cole's mother. They did use her for the first 4/5 months, during which she was outed as Del's killer. Then during the revamp, apparently, she had negative fan reaction, and was let go. Like Laura Harring, and Kelly Hue.

Guest dc cubs

The Alice tribute will start in early to mid June. It has been announced that Missy Reeves first air date as Jennifer Horton Deveraux is June 9th.

• Members

I think she is the first one back too - and thats smart, jenn would be there in a moment if she got a call about Alice.

It sounds like they taped the bulk of retunrs around 2 weeks, thats like 14 episodes cuz i think they film 7-8 episodes a week now. But im not sure, and some of the returnees are still taping, i think.

• Members

I find it odd that they're recasting when this guy has never shared scenes with Frances Reid or anyone else for that matter. His appearance will be lacking in emotional resonance, at least for the audience.

Yes, Tommy was revealed to be dead at Tom Horton Senior's funeral. We discussed this a few threads ago. Here, see the bottom of page 4:

Guest dc cubs

This is kind of a no win situation for Days. It's unfortunate that both Mallory and Stone have passed away. I understand the comment about no connection to the audience and that's true. It makes the use of flashbacks for Bill and Alice scenes very tricky situation.However, I feel that its important to have Bill there so personally I'm happy they brought in a recast.

I saw a lot of comments from unhappy peeps at boards when Bill was not shown at Mickey's funeral. He was conveniently in the kitchen. So the decision to recast will make some fans happy and it will seem strange to others.

• Members

the recast needed to happen. hopefully we get a scene with him talking about alice but i actually want him to interact with laura/jen/kate/lucas/will mostly.

also, if days goes ahead with maggie & victor they need to bring julie in at some point and play her history with victor and have maggie talk to her.

doug and julie are here for this too, by the way, idk why its not being as reported as everything else. maybe because they come and go.

Guest dc cubs

I guess Doug and Julie are consider recurring. Julie was on a couple of weeks ago and she makes another appearance next week.

It sounds like Days is doing the right things and putting time and effort into Alice's tribute. I just hope it translates onscreen too.

• Members

John Martin doesn't, but Bill Horton definitely does. Days was in an impossible situation here. Both actors playing Bill have sadly passed away. Days has already killed off two or three (Addie, Mickey, and possibly Tom, Jr) of Alice's children as it is. And the focus should be on Alice's death, not explaining why yet another one of her children is absent.

So in comes recast Bill. With the subsequent actor returns coming for the farewell, I think Melissa's Jennifer and Roarke's Mike can convincingly make the audience care that they are talking to their father, so to speak. Add in Maggie, Kate, and Lucas, and I think it can be handled decently. Is it perfect? No. But I think the show is making the best out of an already sad situation.

Archived