SOD: Bill Horton Recast!

• Members

SOD: DAYS Recasts Bill Horton

Soap Opera Digest can report exclusively that John Martin, who is best known to soap fans as Y&R's Frederick (2002-2005) and SUNSET BEACH's Hank (1997-1999), has been cast as Bill Horton for the upcoming on-air farewell to Frances Reid (ex-Alice) in June. The previous actors to play Bill — Ed Mallory (1968-1976) and Christopher Stone (1987-88; 1994) — have sadly both passed away. Martin briefly appeared in Salem in 1985 as a character named Robert.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

!!!

I don't remember him from his SB stint (who was Hank? I'm drawing a big blank here), and I'm not a huge Y&R watcher, but... I'm so glad they did this. Stuart Damon would've been awesome, but just having an actor in this role for the Alice tribute is a big deal. We're going to have Bill, Laura, Jen, and Mike all onscreen!

• Members

Isn't John Martin a bit young for the role?

I hope since they're bringing Bill back instead of just killing him off, they will have him in some serious scenes with Lucas, Laura, and Kate. There's a lot of stuff that was ignored over the past 15 or 16 years because they never wanted to bring Bill back.

Too bad they can't have him on more regularly (if he works in the role) or bring back Tommy.

He played Meg's father.

He was also on OLTL in the mid/late 80s as Jon Russell, a PI who bedded Dorian, her daughter Cassie, then Dorian's sister Melinda.

• Members

Ohhhh! Hank Cummings. I was like, "His face is so damn familiar..." Thanks!

(And he's totally too young, but I don't think he'll look weird beside Kate, Laura, and Maggie, who are more or less his contemporaries, so it works.)

• Members

This is a good, choice, especially considering the other two Bills cannot return to the role. John Martin is a goodlooking silver fox. I always thought he was an overlooked actor on SuBe. And on Y&R.

Susan Flannery as Laura, anybody?

Guest dc cubs

I'm glad they are addressing the Bill issue instead of saying he's in the kitchen. I'm not familiar with Martin but I look forward to seeing Bill interact with his family.

• Members

OMG, Carl. Mad Priscilla Garita girl-crush! :wub: Move over, Lindsay Hartley and Kelly Monaco. Y'all are just Priscilla wannabes! I am always hoping some soap or TV show will snap her up one day.

Gabi & Antonio. :wub: :wub: :wub:

• Members

Ah, yes, Mulholland Drive, LOL. Don't forget that guest spot on Gossip Girl.

Harring had some spark to her, especially when Paula was paired against Eddie (plus she is very beautiful). It was Ricardo who was the crashing bore.

Archived