Dixie Carter (Brandy, EON) has passed away

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I just cannot believe this, and Lord knows I've lost some of my dearest loved ones suddenly and at early ages, but wow, some celebs you've admired over the years, you just expect that you'll have more time with. Dixie is someone I definitely would have loved to have met. I hope a fan will bless up by uploading her hilarious episodes of Filthy Rich. Like AMS, my fandom started with Diff'rent Strokes, and my God, Designing Women, that woman could deliver anything from a slow burn to a full-fledged monologue like NO other. My heart goes out to Hal and her daughters, who played her nieces in an episode of DW as a matter of fact. I'm sure her DW family is just devastated.

Yes! Love it, gives me church chills.

• Members

Oh she was certainly sexy. That feline energy, she moved beautifully and looked great in clothes, and with that wonderfully husky voice of hers she did marvelous things with text. Dixie Carter and Phylicia Rashad were two '80s sitcom queens who would have been excellent '80s primetime soap divas.

<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

This one is very Mommie Dearest PepsiCo scene:

<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

• Members

You know, we watched both shows every week at my house and I never got that. Of course I drew the character parallels but the shows had such different energies. TGG was sort of a mix of super witty set-up and punchline jokes and ironic humor with some Jewish and gay sensibilities. DW was a lot more situational (and yes, preachy) and the humor was more based in reality. I guess it was the southern influence, but I always felt that DW was a very "black" show which is kind of hard for me to explain. TGG was always "ha-ha" funny but DW was more likely to "tickle" you.

Archived