Y&R: New Lily IN?!?!

• Members

I will definitely watch to see who the new Lily is...I have a pipe dream of who it COULD be, but I doubt it.

It is very interesting that they haven't announced who she is yet. I am almost positive that it is NOT Raven.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Does anyone think it could be Tanisha Lynn (Danielle) from AMC? I could see her as Lily, and definitely see her as Victoria Rowell's daughter -- much moreso than Christel Kahlil. I'm not crazy about her acting, though. In the right environment, she might blossom...

amc_lynn_1.jpg

Would Napiera Danielle Groves be too old for the role? I'm thinkin' yes.

dt_atwt_update_20031030.jpg

• Members

I think it could be Tanisha (and I would be absolutely delighted), AMC doesn't appreciate her or Michael B. Jordan for that matter. There has to be a reason why Danielle was on 7 out of what 44 episodes after a BIG story this summer. If she goes to Y&R she will definitely get a storyline and have a chance to actually 'act'. I thought Christel was ok but I never really liked her.

And Napiera looks too old, although I am almost sure Tanisha is older than her.

• Members

Well Tanisha is still on contract with AMC and technically is until 2008.... so does anyone know how that would work? Is it like sports, other shows cannot talk to actors if they are under contract with another show correct? In the game section someone started a thread as who you'd pick for recasts and I picked Tanisha for Lily.... Tanisha proved this summer she can act her tail off and was excellent. I really felt for Dani, the story was a bit all over the place but Tanisha alone made it watchable. It's a real shame that AMC doesn't write more for her and Reggie...... AMC used to be so good as balancing a very diverse cast, think back to Jesse and Angie, and even the Fryes of the early 90's with the racism storyline with Terrence.... Tanisha would so shine as Lily.

• Members

I hope that Christel doesn't return. I mean, I liked her and all, but I didn't really see her as one of the Winters, y'know? She was perfectly capable, and a good actress. She just didn't seem to fit in with the Winters, though, IMO. At least not as well as someone else could.

Plus, it'd be interesting for a new actress to put perhaps a fresh new spin on the character.

I have a feeling that it might be Christel, though. That's probably why the show just decided to write the character off for a while -- in hopes that she'd come back shortly down the road and they could continue to capitalize on the Daniel/Lily pairing.

I really want to see what someone else can do with the role, though.

• Members

If She was talking to another soap and requested to be taken off contract and not then then she could get in deep [!@#$%^&*]. Jensen Buchanan was under contract with ATWT and took a role on GH and got sued or something and they ended up having to recast and the role went to [!@#$%^&*]

• Members

Is it true that Christel Khalil wasn't African-American? I thought I had read somewhere that she wasn't. If she was not, this wouldn't be the first time Y&R hired a non-Black actress to play a Black role. Remember the recast for Keisha years ago? She was the original Dinah Marler on Y&R.

Archived