OLTL: Jean Passanante joins writing team

• Members

Oh it's still on death's door it just isn't going this year like so many have speculated.

Why bring on a possible new HW if the show is over in 6 months?

I predict OLTL to air it's final episode in September 2011.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If OLTL goes this year or next, then I fail to see how the blood would be on JP's hands and not Ronald's, that is, if you believe that bad stories contribute to bad ratings.

Whatever happens to OLTL within the next year and a half rests at the feet of Ronald, right next's to Nelson's tongue.

• Members

That's different though. OLTL is owned by the network which means they made this choice, and they also will cancel it when they want.

ATWT was owned by P&G, they had no idea if CBS would renew them or not.

Despite what many others thought, I thought there was a SLIGHT chance at renewal for ATWT.

Also maybe there was some clause in DK's contract that P&G had to continue paying hIm, so they just put him to work at ATWT.

• Members

This depresses me. I loved 99% of Ron's stuff on Oltl. I had a feeling Ron's day as a HW were probably going to end soon, but I'd hope if the day came, they'd replace him with someone good. I still have hope she doesn't become the next head writer.

I also don't get why they keep hiring the same people over and over. Why not bring some fresh blood into Daytime?

• Members

I doubt we'll ever see Howarth on OLTL again. The role is TSJ's for better or worse, and if Howarth did return that would mean playing a very different Todd, including a Todd who is a major horndog. I don't think Frons has interest in dumping TSJ, bringing back Howarth, or doing the "two Romans" stuff that bombed on DAYS.

Archived