• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

POTOMAC

Lord almighty it's been a moment!!!

Now that I have some time, I wanted to talk about Potomac, which I actually feel is having a great season this season. It IMO has been giving Golden Era RHOA (S6 and S7) at the moment and I'm not minding it. Season 6 was the season where FOHs kept coming for a girl or two and the collective group tag-teamed them off the show. And Season 7 was Team Pretty vs Team Beasts as Kenya finally had her own posse and Cynthia got a vicious backbone. And I see that with what is going on with the FOH (Cha Cha, Jacqueline, Sesame Street) to some extent. And we know it's the GEB vs La Dame and Friends this season. It is even giving calm before the storm, but it's been a bunch of (mostly fun) mess. But unlike SLC...it's GIVING. 

For the purpose of time...I'm doing this in two parts...the first part being THE MIAMI TRIP.

There had been rumors. There had been leaked videos. But seeing Messy Mia vs Wendy really and truly was something else!!! And all of this over PATRICIA BAILEY-THOMAS??? REALLY??? But the whole trip was chaotic. For me, yeah it had its dark moments...not helped by the girls' attempt to pull a Monique-style ice out...but there were plenty of fun moments and shade for me. And the fact that Candiace came in as the voice of reason of all things was telling. Those scenes of her, Wendy, La Dame, and Ashley were true sisterhood moments and I lived for them. Bonus...Wendy&Candiace and the double La Dame slither...EVERYTHING.

Coming out of the trip...

LA DAME. I cannot believe they tried to make that fight about her AGAIN. It didn't work during the Monique/Candiace fight. And it shouldn't work now. The fact that it even appeared to start a little of a rift between La Dame and Messy Mia is sad to see. La Dame does what she does best...and that is BE A QUEEN and drag Gizelle while she does it. So hahahahahaha!!! And Production pulling the Matrix on her during the fight was hilarious. 

GIZELLE. GUUUURL, YOU GOT ANYTHING ELSE? I mean...really...anything else? Other than being shaded by Karen, I felt like ROBYN gave more during the Miami trip than her. Outside of her trying to throw La Dame under the bus for the fight and continuing to make sure Cha Cha is in La Dame's face. I mean...she did NOTHING.

JUAN'S ROOMMATE. So Robyn's imitation of S7 Cynthia continued throughout the trip. Not only did she help gas up Mia for that fight, but she was clearing going to use that video (only filming Wendy's part) as some proof that Wendy was the aggressive one. Proof of THAT...her whipping out that stereo to blast Candiace at the last dinner without even listening to the whole LIVE. If anything, she came across foul BUT I cannot say she's not giving messy drama. Or making moves that Gizelle herself would (slyly) use to start drama. So she's been learning. Now if she could do a clapback properly...

ASHLEY. Her tag-teaming with Candiace...in Confessionals AND in scenes was EVERYTHING. They were tearing Mia and her assistant up. Meanwhile, I loved Ashley being there for Wendy as well as a comrade to La Dame. And then her getting Mia together with Candiace on the assistant while being messy was great. AND THEN...she had to get too messy about what Candiace said. Le sigh. It was two steps forward and all these steps back. I can't. 

CANDIACE. I cannot believe it. She's doing EVERYTHING I was wanting her to do and continue to do circa the beginning of Season 5. Just focusing on her career and getting it off the ground. And what a difference (especially when they are SHOWING her life) that makes for her. The fact she was not even around for Messy Mia vs DOCTOR Wendy, came in as the voice of reason, and STILL brought fire was just awesome. And I did not feel she was wrong. She has (so far) this season been the bigger person, and it's a sight to behold. And...I loved she took it there, taking on EVERYBODY at that one dinner AND started a nice feud with Mia's assistant. hehe. And her and Ashley were a great tag-team the rest of the trip. It was a shame Ashley messed that up. And the look on La Dame's face when she heard Candiace was gossiping....Ooooo. THAT...was hurt.

MESSY MIA. You all in these parts know I love me sum Messy Mia. And she was messy...in almost ALL the wrong ways. How she picked on her assistant...I mean, her BFF Jacqueline. How she got in the middle of Patricia Bailey-Thomas's business drama with Wendy. How she put La Dame in the middle of her fight with Wendy. In terms of the fight...she started that mess and took it the wrong way. And Wendy was in her right to defend herself. And boy did Wendy get out of that seat with her F-bombs with the quickness!!! And her and the GEB trying to ice Wendy out on the trip that...let's get real...PRODUCTION paid for...not a good look. Nor was her unmake-up look. I was ewwwwwww. The fact that the GEB were already picking up on tension between her and her ass...I mean Jacqueline means that krama is coming. I loved every moment Ashley checked her. That said...I loved her shading Cha Cha in Confessionals. 

WENDY. DID...WHAT...SHE...HAD...TO...DO. She was on a trip. She was not thinking about business. She was with the girls. She even showed a little grace. After that...all bets were off. IMHO. But just like it was a bad look for the 'CEO', it was a bad look for her as well to be involved or even yell. Especially given her own job (thus that disclaimer at the end of the fight episode) not to mention that people might try to label her as the Angry Black Woman. The fact that some of the girls *cough*Gizroommmatechick*cough* were trying to make it like Wendy was the aggressor and not the victim was extremely telling. And I LOVED her calling it out by saying the name we are not allowed to say: MONIQUE. She came across completely human to me right down to her leaving the house, crying in a hotel room, and being a ride-or-die to Candiace. Loved her and Candiace hanging with Trina and the double slither. And awww at the end of the trip with her and Robyn making up. Though as Wendy spoiled online...it is a brief truce. 

So as far as the first cast trip...overall though it took me a while to watch it...I liked it. Dare I say it...it was giving pre-main trip drama a la RHOA in Savannah before their real drama at a trip that season. 

Be back next time when I talk about the 'filler' episodes.

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by Taoboi

• Members

Lisa Rinna really did torch a reputation she'd built up over 25 years, and for what. 

It's sad. 

I can't even really watch her old stuff after what I've seen of her on social media in the last few years, let alone the show. I guess she did me a favor by showing her true self.

• Members

Indeed. That is a long held opinion of mine, as well as many others in this thread. Rinna threw away her reputation for an 8 year run on RHOBH. That said, she is turning 60 this year and so she was able to basically spend her 50s in the Bravo/reality world when it is doubtful she would have secured anything near as lucrative in the acting world - Rinna has long been in that tough spot of being known for her looks and limited range, so her 50s would have been Siberia in Hollywood, so perhaps it was the right gamble to make. 

The mistake, from a career perspective, was letting her QVC apparel range go because that could have been a very lucrative second act once media ran its course. I will be interested to see how Rinna Beauty fares without a regular TV presence - her social media might be enough to sustain it. 

• Members

See I can't say that about Harry Hamlin with how his acting profile has increased over the last few years...and stands to increase even more when ANNE RICE'S MAYFAIR WITCHES series starts this coming Sunday. And he has been giving interviews if I'm not mistaken. 

Edited by Taoboi

• Members

Flawless, indeed, and pitch-perfect. LVP won the internet last night. 

I did not think Bravo would let Rinna go! Rinna clearly went from mere villainy to a toxic mess like Jody from RHOV. I've always thought that she was also behind the Diana bots attacking Garcelle's son.

So what next for BH? Firstly, it is telling that Kyle is staying silent. Rinna was her henchman. Who will wield the knife on Kyle's behalf now? The Coven is looking a little underweight with only spineless Dorit, drunken Erika and Kyle left.

Erika will be without her protectoress. But she will keep fronting like it's NBD. Bravo will keep her because the show needs a villain and also Le Trial de Tom Girardi.

This is probably a reprieve for Dorit in terms of keeping her diamond. Lucky Boris & Natasha keep landing on their feet.

Does Rinna's departure mean that Kathy Hilton will consider returning? Or LVP? Bravo seems to have an unofficial age cut-off for its RHs, and that is 60. Perhaps LVP would get offered a brief FOH arc; Andy is dying to see an LVP/Kyle face-off. But if LVP ever got a tagline again, I imagine it would be: "They thought they had chased me away. But I always play the long game."

Edited by Cat

• Members

@Cat, Kyle hasn't been that silent. She's been liking tweets where fans have been scolding LVP for tweeting about Rinna being let go. This is yet another reason why I want LVP back--just to see how Kyle is going to unwind now that she doesn't have her mouthpiece (Rinna) there much longer. And I feel that without Rinna being there, Dorit is going to no longer be scared to be part of that alliance; she'll eagerly be happy to dump Kyle and interact with the other women like she's wanted to. 

• Members

Oooo. Liking other people's tweets scolding LVP! How very passive-aggressive of her. 

Please register in order to view this content

Who are these fools getting their panties in a twist and acting like LVP wrote a 13-paragraph press release? She wrote "Ding dong." It's nowhere near as harsh as some of the things the Coven have said or posted about her.

I'm not sure Dorit will dump Kyle. Especially if LVP were to return. Kyle, Dorit, PK and Terri Podencast executed the LVP takedown, so there is no love lost between LVP and the Kemsleys. The Ks are firmly in the pockets of the Umanskys.

Even if LVP doesn't return next season, I think Kyle is more likely to ally with Sutton and Garcelle than Dorit is. She is already close with Sutton.