Bravo's The Real Housewives of....

• Members

I'm sure it'll be natural because in the real world people of all races interact together, but on these shows I do think it's been intentional to keep them separated, so it'll be interesting to see how this plays out on screen. With Jersey they've always tried to stick the Italian's together, ATL is all black and they constantly make race an issue with the one white one, with DC the same thing happened with race constantly brought up only because one is black. I hope that Gia just slips right in and is allowed a story that doesn't depend on her being "different."

Right now I've been re-watching NYC from the beginning and I'm remembering how much I missed. Originally I didn't see most of season 2 or 3, so a lot of this is new for me. I'm shocked at how crazy Kelly was from Day One and how quick Bethenny was to notice that. The look on her face is priceless in Kelly scenes. Kelly is truly insane. I don't know where they found this woman. I also didn't remember how harsh Jill was from the beginning. I know "mean girl," "bully" and "high school" are overused on these shows, but those words suit her. She is VERY high school. How many times did we hear "Is she my friend?" "What about my feelings?" "Don't interact with this person because I don't like her." And the list goes on. She is pretty hard to take. Even in season two you can see how she ultimately destroyed the show. This fued with Bethenny was *so* miscalculated on her and LuAnn's part. LuAnn is lucky it didn't backfire on her more.

293.ab.simon.103111.jpg

Also, the most embarassing part of the first two seasons is how horrible Alex and Simon were treated. I understand that they are a real like Herman and Lily Munster, but the others were CRUEL to them. Nothing was off limits: their kids, their home, the area they live in, how much money they have, their looks or even Simon's job (which IIRC, Jill had him fired from). In the beginning I didn't see Alex or Simon do or say anything negative, but they really weren't given a fair shot. Yes they were social climbers, but they're harmless and both seem hard working and like a loving family. I'm looking forward to see Alex growing a pair in season 3. I also believe that everybody being nicer to them was a calculated move. Jill needed a new ally, plus as time went on they became more popular.

Most of all, the most interesting thing is what could've been. Had Jill and Bethenny not fallen out I truly believe she would've done another season. If not as a full housewife, making appearances. I also think that Jill, the poison of this series, ruined things for Alex. She got caught in the crossfire with the other insane ladies and shouldn't have been fired. Re-watching, I miss what she brought to the show even more.

Edited by Chris B

• Replies 39k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members
When that doesnt happen, she will just tell another lie and say she changed her mind and wants away from realityTV to focus on her family. The bitch has been lying to save face since season 1. She lied about wearing a wig and tried to allude she my have had cancer at the first reunion. She lied last reunion about her housing situation about how she had her financial situation and real estate in order and look at her story now this season. Im sure she is probably exagerating whats going on and telling more mistruths so she can keep up a front to the rest of us and then backpeddle like the trifling heffer always does

• Members

The spin-off is happening, period. It did too well for them not to renew it, considering how poorly so many of their other shows are doing. Her In Touch article where she announced her exit confirms it.

Kim returns for second season: http://entertainment.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474981772370

TMZ also confirmed it: http://www.tmz.com/2012/09/29/real-housewives-atlanta-kim-zolciak-spin-off-reality-show/

• Members
Oh I have no doubt about the spinoff. Its another season of Atlanta, Im more talking about. She's outgrown it and is irrelevant to the show and Andy most likely sees it. She doesnt fit in anymore for a variety of reasons and the women having little to do with her is one of them. Edited by Cheap21

• Members
That was such a dumb come back from Porsha. Kenya's name wouldnt be in a search engine bc she's old? What does age have to do with being in a search engine? Kenya got a wiki page; Porsha doesnt. And throwing shade at Kenya for being old is her way to deal with an argument? That just childish and shows her immaturity. Really her comeback was weak