AMC: Kendall

• Members

I loved SMG as Kendall -- that was good soap.

But if you really think about Kendall, she's disgusting.

Erica owed her absolutely NOTHING. Come on, she was raped when she was 14 and gave the child up for adoption. It's not like she was a meth-addicted street ho and threw the baby in a dumpster.

And if I recall, Erica was actually nice to Kendall at first... but she couldn't stand Erica's total love for Bianca.

Please, AMC -- NEVER bring back this pathetic bitch.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I thought Kendall's spite and anger worked well, and I also thought that the early reconciliation with Erica under Alicia worked well. Those dynamics were something different for Erica. If I don't want the character to return it's because there is nothing left for her (and probably won't be for some time) and she's too closely identified with Zach, or with Ryan.

I was watching the 20th anniversary episode and they had clips of when Erica was going to make a film which presented Mona, who sacrificed many many years of her life for Erica, as a selfish harridan who tore Erica's self-esteem to shreds and told her she'd have to dye her hair and go get lessons from Phoebe if she wanted to ever be worth something. Mona was quite obviously furious and Erica just shrugged and said poor mother couldn't see the truth. It was played for laughs, but still...

So with this type of incredible nerve, when Mona had been so good to her, I see it as more interesting drama that Erica got so much grief from Kendall.

• Members

Can someone tell me her status on the show? I read an article that said she was asked to return early during her maternity leave. So is she still going to be forced to act out her entire contract after her maternity leave is up? What's the deal? I had thought she was just gone and not going to do the LA episodes at all. I assumed her short term return was to tie the story up, but when they mentioned she was just visiting during her time off I got confused.

Has AMC confirmed that Zendull is gone?

• Members

Certainly not Alice -- the woman who raised her. But Alice isn't a celeb, doesn't wear designer clothes, and doesn't live in a mansion like Erica Kane.... so she isn't good enough.

What is there to admire about Kendall?

I mean, Erica is a bitch, but you can at least admire how she came from humble beginnings (thanks to an absentee father) and worked hard to make a name for herself.

• Members

That's for letting me know her status! :) Now that AMC is my fave of the current soaps I can accept her return. LA has been good to these actors so maybe Kendall will return and be fabulous. I thought Greenlee and Erica were done and both are in top form now. There is still hope.

• Members

Erica got past her resentment towards Kendall and together they dealt with her rape and moved on. It was a very defining character moment for Erica and it strengthened her. Kendall added to Erica's character and no she shouldnt have stayed in Florida. I havent liked Kendall the past year but that doesnt erase or negate the contributions she's added to Erica and her story

• Members

I like Kendall, the character. I rooted for SMG's Kendall and AM's early Kendall. However, I dislike what has become Kendall's role on the show over the last 3-4 years. It's omnipresent! I mean, seriously. This is the woman who gets more screentime in her comas... more mentions in her absence... than almost any other character on this show! They even stopped mentioning Greenlee's name about a week after Rebecca left in 2005. Cameron Mathison said he went to TPTB and asked why there's no mention ANYWHERE in the scripts about Greenlee and he was told that they didn't want the audience to remember. That, to me, is evidence of how it's very intentional that Kendall is SOOOOO DAMN PRESENT in every single script in the character's absence... they really think this character is that important and don't want the audience to forget just how important she is! :rolleyes:

• Members

Please! Mitch Lawrence could give me electroshock treatments from here to eternity and I won't be able to forget Kendull or her airhogging ways. Sometimes it still surprises me, when I realize how little respect TIIC have for the viewer's intelligence.

Archived