Article: Y&R At the Crossroads

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree, 2003 was Y&R's last truly stellar year, and the production values have never been the same since Shaugnessy left.

I think Shaughnessy was very underrated for his work on Y&R, and I would love it if he returned to the show in some capacity. I did think his brief stint was an improvement over Ed Scott's final two years or so.

The actors on the show also seemed to adore him, as did the writing team at the time.

• Members

Thanks, that's a very strong article. I wasn't a regular Y&R viewer then but I did think the Alex/Neil/Malcolm story was boring and it did feel like the Isabella saga was based on Lauralee's coming and going. Was this before the "rough sex" mess with Paul and Christine?

I had forgotten that Julia had returned at this time. Was this during the "let's have all the women Victor brutalized beam at him" saga?

I do think Y&R was still in decent shape at this time but it did seem aimless. That could have been easily fixed though, not gutted.

Looking back I wish they'd broken up Shick for good around this time. The Diego stuff and the need to somehow even the score in adultery was the beginning of the end for Sharon as a character.

• Members

I did not write this article. Snark did. Soapfan, please edit the post to give Snark the byline.

Wow, it's been so many years since I've posted my old post count was deleted. Interesting.

• Members

LOL done. Sorry about that! I saved a ton of columns by you and Snark so I probably got them mixed up. I know for sure I have your Best and Worst of 2004 article saved. Snark mysteriously disappeared about this time last year and his blog has since been taken down. :unsure:

Archived