ATWT March 2010 Discussion Thread

• Members

I have to say, I've been LOVING ATWT for months now. I'm truly sad that come September it will be no more. I'm more hooked on it then any other soap right now. Loving Dr. Reid (especially his contemptuous relationship with Dr. Bob), Loved the Mick denoument, love the Meg/Damian/Lily/Holden/Molly mess, loving Liberty's leukemia, and LOVING the Carly/Jack/Janet/Dusty quad. The show hasn't been this good in years (since around Jenn's death in '06). I hate that when a Goutman soap gets cancelled, it's always experiencing a creative peak (hi AW!). Can't wait to see Julianne Moore as Frannie and all of the surprises ATWT has in store for the next 6 months.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm loving Hank and Babs. And I don't know WTF is Katie's problem. Other than Babs' comment about keeping Henry on a string so she can knock him down whenever was a direct hit.

I found all the Janet/Dusty/Libby scenes annoying as heck. I realized I just don't GAS. I find myself wondering "who the FLUCK in hairstyling took the day off and sent Pinson out looking like a wet cocker spaniel?"

I know most people see Jack as a jerk. I just see a guy who no longer knows up from down, and is looking for any excuse to hang on to his "penance" for killing Brad. Taking the blame for Janet screwing another guy? CHECK. Father a baby that might help Libby? CHECK. Defend a marriage I know is dead, because Dusty couldn't possibly be doing anything other than lying to Janet? CHECK.

I loved how Carly hit him right between the eyes with the news, then pointed out he should be on the phone with a lawyer NOW! instead of taking the blame for Jan's humping Dusty.

Tomorrow looks good!

• Members

Jack should be thrilled about Janut no longer being his problem; instead, this has turned into some male ego pissing contest. Why would Jack fight for a woman he does not love? I know he feels like he owes something to Brad but, clearly, the marriage is dead. Jack had no balls and made Dusty come off looking good--far sexier and smart. I hated the preview of the 4some where Jack, Janet, Carly and Dusty seem to all be talking this [!@#$%^&*] over. It just seems unnatural, forced and strange.

• Members

One question: Why the F' is Craig still even on this show? What's worse it was just a couple months ago he dumped Carly to remarry Rosanna who he was still hung up on. Yet somehow he keeps following Carly. They really should have just remarried Craig and Ro because if they intended to keep Craig around as a foil it's not working at all, not that it did before but still. What a waste of an opportunity they squandered to finally end Craig's story.

Actually the fact that either Jack and Dusty are interested in Janet is both extremely excruciating, unbelievable for the two of them, and a waste of time. Here's to hoping Janet and Liberty somehow contact both smallpox and TB in that hospital and die.

• Members

You know, I am really wondering what the point of Craig is now as well. Craig basically dumped Carly for her sister while she was in rehab. Then tried to boink Carly on the day he was supposed to get married *to her sister.* I mean, damn, it can't get any more bogus than that. At this point he could have just followed Ro to Germany, far far away from Carly. I won't even get into him using Parkers trust fund *SIGH.*

So yeah, admittedly I think Dusty has a point. Jack was an absentee husband. I'm not sure if Dusty is any better, but Jack sucks. It doesn't make what Janet and he did right, but neither is what Jack and Carly are doing. Nobody is a saint up in here. No way in hell is it okay to stay married to someone you don't love because their kid is sick, agree to father a kid with them, while you "on the low" tongue wrestle with your ex who you really love. What..? I get where you coming from Carly, going after your man and all (I mean Jack after all planted those seeds), but don't make Janet the sole bad guy. They're all cheats and emotionally unstable if you ask me.

I am not sure what I think of Babs and 'Hank'. I mean, they sure are funny together, but it just strikes me as random. It's so funny how Reid keeps calling him Hank. Kind of reminds me of some of my relatives down south, who have got in the habit of calling me "germiny"--but I digress. Reid is actually pretty hilarious, although I am not sure where we are going with this Katie/Reid dynamic. Ive also noticed when he is not wearing those scrubs, he has a very nice physique. Yeah, some nice eye candy while Hunter is MIA. I'm intrigued to know what this mans secrets are.

• Members

Craig's still on this show because TIIC had Ro's exit all written before the news of the cancellation came down. Honestly, I'm surprised Lindstrom hasn't been "released early" from his contract yet. There's absolutely no purpose for him anymore anyway...and I kind of doubt there ever truly was. Now his return makes me even madder, knowing TIIC wasted so much time trying to reestablish Craig, who they ruined ten years ago---the moment they hired Hunt Block.

I don't see Jack as "fighting for his marriage". I see his reaction as an extension of his Simon-hate...he blames himself for Janet's unhappiness, and now thinks he's led her like a lamb into Dusty's lair. I hate how Janet and Dusty have somehow managed to come out as virtuous in this mess, when they're the ones that did the nasty HO-down.

Jack and Carly may be as techinically cheating in this scenario, but at least their emotions are based on love and a long history together. Dustnet's another ONS that's miraculously turned into "wuv".

• Members

I wonder if Craig still being there is about not wanting to admit mistakes, like the mistake of firing Scott Bryce.

I love that photo of Seth and Frannie. I still never really knew how he mistook Frannie for Sabrina (they were so different in everything but appearance), but the acting in that story was superb. I'm sorry that more of the beats were never played out. I can't really remember how much interaction Sabrina and Frannie had when they were played by different women later on.

• Members

I hated that metaphor that Jack's ring was stuck on his finger yet Janet slipped hers off just fine. Or did he manage to take it off and just had a difficult time and I misinterpreted the metaphor? And hasn't Janet even considered that Liberty may die before the baby is born or are they doing a stem cell story again?

Yet leaving Craig around with absolutely nothing to do and zero story except to be the town busybody seems more like an admittance of failure that writing him off.

• Members

Yes I think we are. When the news of the cancellation came out....PissAnt and Company said they were busy doing February sweeps. So the actors knew the show had been cancelled and so did the writers and producers.

• Members

Thanks I wasn't sure. I knew this entire Liberty story had been months in the making, in face there were rumblings of Liberty

with cancer last November around the same time Brad's death occurred. ATWT was so far outrageously ahead I had to figure it finally caught up or they're on the borderline now.

• Members

ATWT is waaaay far ahead these days. They're taping a big event right now (spoiler readers know what it is) that's supposed to air in May.

As for the ring incident, I don't know if that was meant to be ironic; but if it was, I think it's an indication that TPTB aren't quit ready to quit f**king over us CarJack fans. <_<

Did anyone notice this? Last week, when Carly had her fantasy about Jack/Janet/nuJackJr.--I noticed how summer-y the scene seemed, until I noticed a little faux pas. When Jack confronts Carly and Craig on the porch, there's snow on the trees in the background.

Is Faith really stupid enough to believe Damian's lie about family turmoil back in Malta?? Hello! If someone's wanting to replace him, then why would Damian fake his death? It seems like that would just give them the "thumbs up" to take over the business.

Lily should feel uber-safe knowing there's a guard at her front door that can't see a man standing behind a bare lattice 5 feet away. Not to mention, there's no guard at the back door, which is obvious because Faith used it to slip out for her meeting with Damian.

Jack's remark to Dusty about Jennifer surprised me. I never thought about it before, but it seems completely logical. Dusty's going after Janet because she'll give him back the "family" that he lost when Jennifer died and Johnny was given to Craig. Kudos to the writers for throwing that in. Although, I do think the whole "give me a sign" thing was a bit cheesy. I would be all for it, if this "love" Dusty has for Janet wasn't centered around her private area.

Archived