OLTL: SOAPnet March Preview

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's my opinion.

I actually did watch Passions, so I know what I'm talking about.

Excuse me if I didn't think Passions was this groundbreaking soap.

Maybe if he had Asians, Muslims, Gays (that aren't psycho), and Native Americans I could agree.

• Members

It was so sad to know that the MINUTE Jesse was alive that immediately Derek was fired.

Cause having more than one or two minorities especially men on contract at a time that aren't related to each other?

WITCHCRAFT!!!!!!!!!!

LILY has gotten more mention than Reggie.

Poor Livia is given nothing & Tom less than that.

Jamal was treated bad enough but adding MARCUS PATRICK onto the punishment was just mean.

Hank & RJ are in the attic until Bo, Nora, Todd or Tea need propping.

The Hubbards aren't immune either.

Jesse has been almost ruined, Angie's next, Frankie's been treated horribly, Natalia gets the same 2 scenes if that as does Brot & the less said about Vasi the better.

• Members

No, you give us a break. When I basically proved you wrong about minorities never being part of OLTL's core, what was your response? "Oh, well, I don't care about the Halls." As if that somehow wins the argument!

Fact is, there are fans who do care about OLTL's original families and feel they were shoved aside long ago by racist network and show executives. Just b/c they aren't on the show anymore doesn't mean that's alright.

• Members

It says something about where they have gone with Cris over the years, or on what they deem acceptable storytelling, that the time he goes back to the front burner is when they have to give Jessica yet another wacky crazy story and since he just happens to still be hanging around, they can fit him in, as his life has apparently barely moved on at all in ten years. I hope they will at least keep him with Layla, even if that means they stay on the backburner, but who knows.

I hope this won't be like that awful Antonio/Keri/Jessica story, except I can't see Layla going insane.

I agree with DeeeDee that if a white woman had given the performances Tika gave last summer, she'd be on the frontburner now. At least if she were under 40. And this show has a lot of issues with the talent of the younger actresses they do choose to showcase.

• Members

I think you mean: VOODOO!! You know the witchcraft practiced by black people.

I don't mind that the show remembers Lily. Making Lily a main character was groundbreaking and for all her personal stuff Leven acted the hell out of that part but...yeah the exiling of Reggie to neverending basketball camp was insult on top of more insult on top of injury. I usually don't do recasts but MBJ isn't coming back so let's recast Reggie. Kendall, Lily and Bianca are gone but Greenlee is here. I'd love for Greenlee's brother to become a problem for David AND Ryan. Not to mention, Erica could use the backup.

I assume that we'll never see Livia or Tom again now that AMC has moved west. I hate the fact that those of us who loved both of those characters and that couple were never allowed to see them grow into an old, reliable Pine Valley family.

Argh, that! What a suckfest! I eagerly tuned in to clips of Hank and RJ only to see Hank do...nothing and RJ play Tea's fluffer for Todd. Neither of them had a scene with NuRachel. Is it any surprise that TPTB fired DD when they clearly had no commitment to the character? They de-aged her, isolated her, then stuck her on the Dayplayer Plantation with the Evans family.

No they aren't but Debbie, Darnell and Cornelius are a pleasure to watch regardless.

• Members

This seems to be the attitude of the network. Blacks and latinos don't fit. If they are included it's because the network did them a favor. There's really nothing that can be done about it either.

He is valuable now because the white core character needs him. He apparently has no value on his own.

Did you think RJ's daughter Keri was going to go insane?:blink:

Her performance earned her the right to an insignificant minor role as a speedbump in someone else's story.

Archived