OLTL: SOAPnet March Preview

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think it's also worth mentioning that the Cramer phenomenon is relatively new in the show's 40 year history. We shouldn't "honor" a core family for its mere existence when it was in fact fashioned and created to be such. Same with the Buchanans a good decade after the show's creation. This is a soap opera, not real life, these core families are created by choice, they exist by design. It could have gone any number of ways and it went the white way. So we shouldn't feel indignant when it appears as though minorities are encroaching upon the "core" territory, in ten years they could BE the core. Well, we all know they won't, but you get me.

• Members

It sure is. For example, Marie and Mark/Tommy on Days...goes all the way back to the beginning of that show..the mid 60s.

VinChad didn't make fun of gay sex. It furthered the drama in Whitney and Chad's relationship. I love that JER was willing and dared to go where no other soap had gone before. The man was a [!@#$%^&*] genius!

• Members

When I think about the Fryes, Kiefers, Gannons, Speakes and Grants, my heart breaks for how far back we've gone, all while people expect me to keep watching for their "core" families. (Newsflash: not everybody watches for Viki.)

I'm back to watching AMC and even though I love my Hubbards, I'm not operating under any illusions. I have yet to hear Jack mention Reggie, Livia and Tom are nowhere to be found and don't get me started on the hatchet job they did on Jamal. But at least I still get to see my Jesse and Angie love each other. That's better than the two-day blink and you missed it crap OLTL offered up for Hank and RJ.

• Members

Actually, incest is typically a white story. So you should be happy JER wrote it colour-blind.

Oh give me a break! Simone and Rae were a terrific couple. Theresa and Luis were the stars of the show, and they were both Hispanic. JER treated everyone equally and fairly on Passions. It seems clear you would've preferred the Russells and Lopez-Fitzgeralds had been background characters with no story of their own.

• Members

Uh no.

I loved some of Passions' run, but he was no genius.

How many times did he have buried alive storylines?

Why did he drag out that Theresa/Ethan/Gwen triangle for a [!@#$%^&*] decade.

The man was good, but no genius, and Passions' final years were HORRIBLE!

Archived