Guess who Gina Tognoni says Kelly will be mixing it up with...

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Dinah was a character. Kelly was a frosty, self-righteous blank slate/Mary Sue, minus her first six months where she was made up like a drag queen to show us how "fun" she was. I don't have any idea what they will do with Kelly. The show at the moment already has so many women who aren't being written for.

• Members

How many lovers Todd had? Especially when he & Blair breaks up. I believe everytime Blair got somebody new Todd would not have anybody. Maybe they just making up for lost time.

& plus maybe they feel TSJ can have chemsitry with the lady that plays Kelly. Somebody did mention she never had chemsitry with the males who plays her lovers.

• Members

I never had any idea she would be as good as she was on GL. I loved her on that show, and this was as a character I generally hated (Dinah) before GT's arrival.

I don't want Kelly to be Dinah but I don't know what they can do with Kelly. When GT last played her she was a huge waste of space. All she did was look down on people, screw around, and bury her boyfriends.

• Members

I don't think we will ever see Kevin or Joey again unless it's for a few episodes.

I just wonder if they've realized what a big snooze Todd/Tea are. They were dull as a "hot" couple and even more dull as starcrossed lovers.

They should have just kept Todd with Marty. I think that's what they wanted to do, and while the story would have been sick, it wouldn't have been a lot worse than most of what has been written for the characters since.

• Members

Hopefully the next one will be the straw that breaks the camel's back, so to speak.

The problem, which I've noticed with Chappell on Days as well, is that Dinah and Olivia were far stronger, more interesting characters than Kelly and Carly. Since Kelly and Carly were so generic and shallow, CC and GT didn't really grow to their full potential as actors until they got into the meatier character roles of Olivia and Dinah. It's clearly been hard for both to slide back into shallower characterizations and are borrowing from Olivia and Dinah to fill in the blanks. I don't mind it, personally, since I can't imagine GT or CC being content with playing their older characters exactly the way they used to be. They both need to find a middle ground. I think Chappell is starting to settle into a Carly/Olivia hybrid that she can live with. I hope GT is able to do the same but being paired with the emotional void that is TSJ's Todd is not gonna help. And until I started watching OLTL again, I thought Robert Bogue's Mallet was wooden.

GT's Kelly was a pretty bad character and the one Heather Tom was stuck with was even worse IMO. Kelly can't be Dinah, but she does need to be a different character than when she left. She desperately needs some of Dinah's savvy and a sense of purpose.

I don't think so, that's what I'd like to see. It's almost a shame that Fillion's career has gone so well. A triangle with Nathan's Joey, Gauthier's Kevin, and GT's Dinah would be incredible!

• Members

Yeah, RVD, I think that GL, even towards the last few shameful years of stuff like Olivia chasing after her rapist, had stronger and more complex women than most other soaps. I didn't realize how much I would miss them.

Many of OLTL's women are sort of in a wasteland, strong actresses remembering days gone by. That's true for most soaps I guess, but since their female side is so much stronger in talent than their male side (with some exceptions), it's more glaring.

Archived