AMC: TV Guide Article on actor's exit

• Members

As longtime viewers know, Palmer is the reason Adam ever came to Pine Valley. So it isn't at all a stretch for Adam to be reflective about Pine Valley itself as a result of Palmer's passing.

I also don't necessarily think this interview points to Adam leaving alone... I just think it doesn't address that factor. No need to throw the entire conclusion out there on the table, though we're all guessing, anyway. ;)

I suppose we'll get quotes from David Canary when or if he's ready to discuss.

• Members

If it occurs this way and Brooke doesn't leave with him, perhaps that means they may be trying to get Barr to stay for a while longer? If not I wonder how she leaves, maybe she goes to be with Adam.

I think Palmer's passing being used as a catalyst is also very fitting. It makes total sense from the character's perspective.

• Members

What would they have done if JM hadn't died? How would Adam have exited then?

Well, we'll probably never know. But since that tragically isn't the case (unless writers were to instead ignore Palmer's passing - and Palmer's role in Adam's life in Pine Valley - which thankfully they don't seem to be doing), it's a moot point now.

• Members

If it occurs this way and Brooke doesn't leave with him, perhaps that means they may be trying to get Barr to stay for a while longer? If not I wonder how she leaves, maybe she goes to be with Adam.

With only a three month contract, it could go either way, Brooke can leave with or Brooke can stay behind. I think a lot will depend on audience reception and whether they have a good story planned for Julia after 3 months.

• Members

With only a three month contract, it could go either way, Brooke can leave with or Brooke can stay behind. I think a lot will depend on audience reception and whether they have a good story planned for Julia after 3 months.

I'd really love to see them manage to convince Barr to stay beyond 3 months, but I can understand Barr not wanting to commute. And yes, it would have to be a good story for Barr to even consider. I just think with Adam leaving they need a strong veteran there... Barr could certainly fill that role. They could bring Jamie back, maybe even Laura (new actress).... they could slowly build a family around Brooke and her as the matriarch.

Archived