AMC: SoapNet's Brooke 101

• Members

I thought Maxwell and Julia worked well together. I was not a fan of the first Pierce and Brooke, as they dumped on poor Janet.

I don't know why Mark didn't work out on OLTL that how has had such turnover and Viki stories often die out quickly.

It seems like Brooke's best decade for stories was the 80s.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree that the story direction of Pierce number one with how quickly he lost interest in Janet for Brooke was the wrong direction to take, really (I know it was corny but I loved that stuff with her Laura and Pierce in their own little seclusion away from the harsh socialites of Pine Valley, the only time I liked Laura 1). And Maxwell with Brooke was much better (though I remember his back from the dead wife was an awful actress--and so much for promises, didn't he say he'd return to Brooke after they found his baby? :P Maybe that's where Brooke's been all this time, with him :P )

Was Mark on OLTL under Higley? I can't remember--it never even started though--the story. Just a pretty lame scene with him being drunk and obnoxious at the hotel bar with her.

Yeah, though I'd love to see more of bad teenaged Brooke in the 70s--I've only really seen those moments in the 1987 Tom/Erica wedding episode. Her pics from that eera are great--she looks the same, yet... different. LOL (How's that for deep). I knwo she was a mafia princess before on Ryan's Hope--I assume those eps aired on Soapnet? I wonder if anything's online. (There used to be those eps with the NuBrooke from the very early 80s online but nothing seems to remain.)

• Members

The woman who played his ex, I mostly remember that awful wig. She played Chiklis's wife on The Commish.

Yes that was Higley.

I'd love to see more of that era of Brooke too, the early years. I have looked to see if any of her work as Reenie is online but didn't find any. Soapnet should be starting RH up again within the next year, unless they stop airing it. If they start over hopefully you can see it or someone will put it on Youtube.

• Members

Ugh and it was caugth on video! Charming--I was just surprised that he went on to a stable career...

I wish I could get SoapNet just for RH though I have little faith it will remain on he schedule much longer...

Just copy paste this //news.google.com/newspapers?nid=348&dat=19980806&id=s9odAAAAIBAJ&sjid=9UQDAAAAIBAJ&pg=4768,1482899

• Members

Hm, maybe I'm thinking of the guys then and her now. But she seems like the kind of woman who has no patience for immaturity and a relationship or fling with a younger man would come out of some sort of intellectualized yearning.

• Members

You're right, Maxwell is actually ten years Julia's junior (though she certainly looks younger than his actual wife, the woman who played Tabitha on Passions--umm Hayley Mills' sister). Jim Fitzpatrick is ten years younger as well. LOL Oh well (It's funny that James played a Pierce on GH as well--and I still find it odd that his legal case didn't seem to affect his career negatively http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0280541/ ) And number 2, Greg Wrangler was almost another 10 years younger than either of them LOL. Oh well

(Eliot must have been younger too, then?)

Archived