Niños ricos, pobres padres

Sylph

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's a Telemundo telenovela: I respect that they're often trying to include new themes and novel concepts, but their telenovelas are usually — atrocious. Even more so than the most recent Televisa ones.

So I have to be cautious about this one, but it sure sounds fun!

• Members

OMG! :lol: Why didn't you tell me that one of the antagonists is — Aylín Mújica! :lol: There is something so wicked and scary about her... She plays Verónica Ríos.

Ninosricos_poster_2009.jpg

Aylín Mújica and Catherine Siachoque are two great Telemundo villainesses! Just fabulous! :lol:

• 3 years later...
  • Members

mun2 is rerunning this at 12 noon four times a week. The show is about 25 or so episodes in with several of the past episodes available at mun2's website with the English captions included.

The show lacks a bit of the depth that last year's "Relaciones Peligrosas" had, but it's still enjoyable. In the premier, Lucia was caught by immigration in Miami and sent back home with her daughter, Alejandra, the show's central heroine. Alejandra is adjusting to life among the overly indulged rich kids at the local private school where she is the object of affection of David, a poor scholarship student, and Esteban, the son of Lucia's old flame, Guillermo. The triangle is a bit messy as we are led to believe that Esteban has drugged and raped Alejandra in the premier, but later we learn he has only drugged her, undressed her, and taken and posted online risqué photos of Alejandra. The whole situation is a bit bizarre as they are still painting Esteban as a viable love interest because it was actually his friend Mattais who raped Alejandra.

While being a youth novella, the show does a decent job focusing on the families and most of the adults have significant subplots. Lucia is staying with her sister Veronica, who blames Lucia for the death of their parents. Veronica is a rich bitch sleeping with the gardener, David's pal Gabriel, and dealing with her looming financial downfall at the hands of her gambler husband Roberto de la Torre. Veronica has aligned herself with wealthy Monica San Miguel, Esteban's mother and Guillermo's estranged wife, in order to maintain respectability and social standing. Monica has kicked Guillermo to the curb because of his attraction to Lucia, but Monica plans on ruining Lucia and having Guillermo return to her. When we first meet Monica, she is in the bathtub with another couple.

The class conflict on the show is a bit dated and bizarre as the rich are presented as hedonistic rapists with little to no morality, while the noble poor suffer in silence.

I like the story of Manuel, the young man who's father is a drug lord. He seems rather ordinary young man dealing with extraordinary circumstances. I like his guardian, Vanessa the lawyer, who has been watching out for him since his father is on the run from the law. There also seems to be romantic longing on the part of Diego, one of the least seen students, and Santiago, Veronica and Roberto's depressed son. I enjoy Veronica's almost absurd hatred of her sister Lucia and Lucia's attempt to rebuild her life. I'm torn over the Lucia/Guillermo pairing. While Monica is no prize, Guillermo has detached himself from his family and doesn't really seem overly concerned about his son Esteban's erratic behavior.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived