HBO: Game of Thrones

• Members

I have no idea what Martin has planned for the final books, but I hopeful that the war is averted or ended by Dany marrying my beautiful Jon Snow. It seems fitting that he ends up becoming king, especially as there are rumors that

Edited by Ann_SS

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

^ I wouldn't call it a rumor. There was plenty of evidence in that first season. In fact, almost all the evidence is in that first season, since Ned is dead, so I feel free to discuss it now. read no further if you don't want to hear theories on the matter.

Ned has a ton of honor and the only thing that made him break in the end was his love for a child. He wouldn't even break for his own life, so I find it pretty unlikely he broke it for a woman. We know that Rhaegar Targaryen had Lyanna for months and that she died while he was off fighting Robert. Robert wanted to kill all of the Targaryen's and he made that very clear to Ned. He even wanted to kill Dany, while she was pregnant, he hates them that much. Ned looked like he was lying when he had that conversation about who Jon's mother was, so it seems pretty clear to me that he's Lyanna's with Rhaegar. In the books, it is still unknown, so that is not a spoiler. Also, Jon is still a bastard and a brother of the Night's Watch, no matter who his parent's are.

Edited by Juliajms

• Members

Unless Lyanna was married to Rhaegar, several of the Targaryens had two or more wives. Even if Jon is a bastard, there is nothing his rivals can do if Dany with her dragons put her nephew on the throne. There are ways for Martin to get around Jon's pledge to the Night Watch if he wants. The Wall and Night's Watch likely will be eliminated once the Others are defeated. Besides if Jon is Ageon Targaryen, the prince who was promised, he has a destiny to fulfill.

• Members

Oh, theories are fine. I said way back I think that Jon Snow is gonna wind up being the son of the dead king because he out of nowhere has black hair. The King had an affair with Ned's dead sister and for some reason or another, Ned took the baby to protect him from the evil blond family. He has raised him ever since, but Mrs Ned has no idea.

• Members

Robert and Lyanna were set to be married. Rhaegar Targaryen stole her away, remember? I think that Jon is either Rhaegars child with Lyanna, or maybe the bastard son of Benjen Stark. Either way, Ned is not his father, imo. But I also wouldn't put it past GRRM to punk us all.

• 3 weeks later...