Y&R: Soapnet interviews Michael Muhney

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

How much is Maria and the Y&R PR department paying him to say this crap?!?

Adam and Sharon didn't even get serious until around Thanksgiving, in fact, they were just mere friends before that. And then by Christmas, they were already married. How the hell isn't this rushed?

So, we're supposed to forget that Adam was in love with Heather too at one point, and Sharon is is first "real love" on this show? He might have screwed Heather over, but I did buy that there was some genuine love there, and Adam's easily forgotten it since they made him a baby-killing, baby stealing gaslighter..

I don't buy the Sharon's deeply in love crap at all. If anything, the writing constantly reinforces that Sharon can never get over Nick, and in a way, she's using Adam as much as he's using her. While I can see Sharon has a fondness for Adam, no way in hell I interpret it as being "deeply in love." Especially since it seems she'll always be hung up on Nick in some way.

• Members

Right, and Sharon seeing Nick, Phyllis, and Summer as a "happy family" during the Holiday's was the catalyst for her to agreeing to marry Adam, not because she was "deeply in love" or anything. She refused him earlier, and then when she went to Nick and Phyllis's and got her feelings hurt, she agreed.

• Members

Exactly. They have repeatedly tried to show that Sharon is only with him out of reaction to other people, not because of him.

This reminds me of when Muhney did all that press hyping up the Adam/Rafe story, which ended in a whimper, and has since been treated as a joke by other characters.

• Members

I don't know about anyone else but this interview sounds way more beautiful and romantic than what's actually playing out onscreen LMAO!!! :blink::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Sounds like a weird fairytale!!

Seriously, I am so sick of hearing from him online trying to force his badly written storyline down my throat as a viewer. I have been watching this show almost longer than his age. He is probably a nice fellow but shut up already, I don't see anyone else aside from DG (who has actually cut back) from the cast who is constantly trying to prop his/her story online. I wouldn't mind it so much if he wasn't trying to sell it ALL THE BLOODY TIME..UGH...he shouldn't have to try so hard.

• Members

Muhney has a history of openly trolling the soap boards to defend his acting and storyline.

He also got his feelings hurt on Twitter when one of the Daytime Confidential people talked bad of his acting and character in a podcast, and he replied to them on Twitter saying stuff like (and not joking about it) how his feelings were hurt and how mean they were...

Archived