ATWT: Don Hastings Interview

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think David Krietzman squashed all that. It's a shame cause it looked like the story would have been great to watch. Goutman still calls all the shots and he let this story go. That's the problem with this show. Awful stories are given to mediocre actors. We still have some mediocre actors getting storylines and running this show...ie....Liberty. After watching ATWT from last week I have come to realize that it's time for ATWT to close its doors. No one on this show cares for ATWT. Goutman lost steam long time ago. At this point I think all soaps should be canned. There is no more originality in soaps.

I like the Jack and Carly pairing but boy was the scenes with them last week so damn cheesy/bad. If this is all Goutman can come up with it's time to close the curtains on ATWT.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I'll never understand the hard-on that TPTB seem to have for the Ciccone family. They're boring, useless, hypocritical, annoying characters. Great actresses, but verrrrry BLAH characters.

Part 5 (the final part) of the interview is up now.

I was very surprised to learn that the very 1st Bob Hughes was a 12 yr. old boy named Bobby Alford. (My last name---a very rare last name, BTW.) Very interesting!!

It's a shame that Mr. Hastings thinks his story was squashed because of fan reaction. To the contrary!! I think it was a wonderful story, rich with emotion and history (2 things fans love) that was harshly discarded.

It was also interesting to hear him say Les is totally anti-daytime. I'm sure most of us inferred that much from Moonves's scathing remarks about ATWT's cancellation, but it puts it into perspective to have such a distinguised, well-worked actor (such as DH) come right out and say it.

• Members

The only part of that story I saw some complain about was the Adam whitewashing, but I don't think that alone would have killed it. I still think that was a missed opportunity.

Les being anti-daytime isn't a big surprise. There used to be a lot of daytime/primetime crossovers which all ended a few years into his run, I believe.

Archived