OLTL: Discussion for the week January 4

• Members

I don't like the idea of Rachel and Schuy, I feel like she needs someone older, more mature. But who knows, maybe I'll be surprised. For some reason I feel like Greg will stand less of a chance of staying on the show without Rachel. Not that he couldn't be paired with a Blair or a Tea or whoever, but I don't see them putting him with one of Todd's women.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, Daphnee is eight years older than Scott but Terrell is seven years older than Daphnee and in the age range of Susan and Florencia. Kassie is older than everyone. :P But yeah, I don't know how strong of a chance Greg has of staying on the show without Rachel, either.

• Members

The big problem is there are no mature men in Llanview anywhere near her age range. John and Todd are unbearable in romantic relationships. They could try Rachel/Kevin again if Kevin returns, but I don't know if they would do that.

Among the younger men, Sky makes some sense, if they actually write for the couple. I also think this could bring up some of Rachel's baggage, which they tried with Greg, but I think didn't quite work because it was in the context of the rushed triangle with Shaun.

• Members

He's probably one of the main reasons Duke is dead as well, instead of being sent away to be recast later on.

So much work to push Rex as the only viable younger leading man on the show...and look at how they've been rewarded.

• Members

I think the five or six active age groups the show's got going on is in fact a bit of a problem considering that some of them are underrepresented/unfairly matched. My issue with Schuy boarders on my issue with Rex, Schuy isn't *quite* as OTT and grating, but, and pardom my French, the label "snarky little sh!t" seems to apply to him too. I just feel like Rachel should be beyond a person like that, that kind of energy. Honestly, I'd rather watch her angy screw Todd once than get into a *relationship* with Schuy. I'm not saying that I want Rachel to be sucked into Todd's universe, but at least there's a history of anger and hurt feelings, both personal for Rachel and in regards to her mother, Nora. Then fuel for a fallout with her bud Tea, but like I said, I would really prefer that Rachel not become yet another one of Todd's longterm female accessories. A fling would be okay. A Kevin or a Joey would be nice (though maybe a little boring unless they shook things up), but the show could use another guy in his late thirties as a Todd/McBain alternative if they aren't going to play Greg, opposed to another late teen/early twenty-something.

• Members

The problem with Todd/Rachel is I have no idea why Rachel would ever want him. He's just a lump these days, saying goodnight to the moon, staring off into space as he slurs about how he can't live without Tea. Rachel would just become another self-loathing, fairly pointless female character defined by his penis. They already have that with Marty and Blair.

Anything with them would become about how dare Rachel betrayal Tea, who is not even any real friend of hers in the first place, and never has been, in spite of Rachel being saddled with being her cheerleader for two recasts now.

• Members

Right, that's why I used the term "angry screw", I don't know, I guess I was inspired by this idea of Rachel lashing out at the world and being a woman who showed sexual dominance over Todd, a woman who could do the deed and feel no emotional attachment whatsoever, not fall into his trap. If only to see Todd get owned by a woman for once (without her being cuckoo bananas likew Margaret). I know sex as power is a pretty dicey uncomfortanle subject, I just mean a woman using a guy the way guys always use women on these shows and I really am thinking about Rachel and ways that keep her relevant and strongly attached to the front burner. I hate that Todd seems to be the only road for the women her age on the show, but if this Schuy thing keeps her relevant and around, well, I'll just have to grin and bear it.

• Members

I think that would be an interesting idea, but after Tarty and all the stuff with Blair over the past year, I'm not sure how it would come across. I think the show has decided that no woman is ever going to have too strong a hold over Todd, although they might see Tea as having a hold on him, I don't know. It's hard to tell what they have in mind because the acting is so odd.

• Members

Don't hate me but this is what I had hoped would happen with Todd and Evangeline. She was a sexually progressive character who could have dominated Todd without falling victim to emotional attachment.

I hate that Rachel and Schuyler means the end of Greg but I'd rather save Rachel's character. Love the choices these days. 2010, really? :blink:

Archived