2010: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Members

That used to be one of my main gripes about the early days of Soap Net. Jonathan, you're absolutely correct and I can only add a few more "really, really, reallys" to the expensive. Soap Net would NOT pay to clear rights to the pieces of music the ABC soaps would use during montages in that day's network air show. They would just use generic music cues from that particular show's background music library... and the impact would be SEVERELY lessened.

When JFP took over GH in 2001, there were so many music montages in episodes on the network broadcast that would be RUINED in the Soap Net broadcast.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I remember that Amazing Grace montage that SoapNet f.ucked up so bad. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Musical montages are one of Jill's trademarks, almost every show she's produced has had a ton of them. Except for GL, strangely, they never did that much or at all under her helm, or at least from what I can remember.

• Members

TT was the SW today.

Hmmm.. I'm not sure why I assumed Connor will be a SW. Altough even if she's an AHW that would make 4 or 5 of them (depending on whether Broderick stays or goes) and AMC seems to try and keep it at 3 (except for now because there's no HW).

• Members

Well Hayes could go back to scripts if Connor were to be an AHW. Hayes took Thomson's place once she was demoted.

That would make:

Hayes/Connor, Cohen, Hall, Kahn and Taylor and I guess Thomson, but my guess is she will be gone once Lisa Connor starts.

• Administrator

That's no surprise. I wonder what will happen to Dave Ryan and Nathan Fissell now - I liked that Nathan got a chance to write scripts after so many years as an assistant.

So I guess James Kahn is next to go.

• Members

I was thinking that as well. It's too bad TPTB didn't get her to write the James Mitchell memorial episode. Instead Rebecca Taylor was probably assigned it since she's the senior scriptwriter. (The new SID says Broderick wrote it but that's probably not referring to the dialogue.)

Archived