AMC: Wednesday 11.18.2009

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Agreed. I was giving Ryan a bit of credit there for a while. Credit expended, he's back to screeching, demanding, prying and cajoling to *get* Annie. Must. *Get* Her. Bleh.

Please stop swallowing loudly after a couple words you utter, Adam Mayfield. Hydrate yourself and/or get a grip on the tic. TIA.

Found the scene with Scott and Erica interesting in a way. Never really seen them interact like that.

Bring on Greenlee. I need a change of scenery.

Liked that Adam was back on the leading edge of things with Annie and Scott.

Mostly boring or rather kind of tedious.

• Members

Erica is just an annoying little pest -- and I know it's part of her outdated, so-called "charm," but it's tired! Every single day it's more of the same:

Erica: "Adam! I'm sorry Annie called off the wedding!"

Adam: "Yeah, right. You don't give a damn!"

Erica: (squints eyes to feign innocence) "What do you mean?"

Erica: "Adam! I'm sorry Annie might miscarry."

Adam: "Yeah, right. You're getting exactly what you wanted!"

Erica: "Adam! You're at the yacht club? I'm sorry you had to leave Annie."

Adam: "Yeah, right. You couldn't be more thrilled."

• Members

I am an Erica fan and appreciate her "charms". I like her one-on-one interactions with Adam. I don't think she was particularly awful in her manner today, I just am tired of the Pursue Annie and Adam at All Costs storyline.

I like Ryan's manner with Erica most the time. He's more subdued and gentlemanly around Erica. He pushing stuff too far again with Annie. It's his bulling his way around into people's hospital rooms, etc. expecting everyone should give into his agenda that bug.

• Members

Ryanica. :wub:

Anyway, this was my favorite episode in a long long time. It was a very strong script and I appreciate Kahn for pulling history into his dialogue i.e. Adam and Erica's marriage when he was trying to test her and Greenlee trying to get pregnant with Ryan's baby.

I thought all the interactions today were excellent and I think the choice of words in Kahn's script were good too.

• Members

I really like Kahn's scripts too and I'm glad he's still on the writing staff. I hope he, Kimberly Hamilton and Kate Hall stay when the show moves to LA.

Along with the history you mentioned, I also loved David pointing out all the crap Ryan put everyone through when he faked his own death to avoid being a father. That needs to be brought up in court during the upcoming custody battle!

• Members

That got my attention also during the show. I guess Adam supposedly had another copy hidden away there.

What do you guys make of Scott's little bit to Erica on honesty today? Just his turn at the hypocricy-go-round? Scott's certainly no bastion of honesty. He can make an argument for his lies being well-intentioned "protection" towards family and those he cares about (at least as things appear now) but honest? Nah.

• Members

I think Scott was saying that he was being honest about not sleeping with Annie. I might be reading too much into it, but I also thought the scene had the subtext that Erica had spent so much time lying she couldn't tell when someone was being honest with her.

Archived