Y&R Carole Robbins character

• Members

So how did she leave the show? I remember she was a popular supporting character as the Jabot secretary and being good friends with each of the Abbotts giving them advice and support and even a brief fling with Jack. I remember her story where she married Skip the photographer and adopted the baby from the teenage girl and fought off lots of legal problems surrounding the adoption when the baby's father resurfaced. It was sort of front-burner and Skip and Carole were fun and adorable but they seemed to fade out of the woodwork. Carole was essentially replaced by the Connie Wayne girl...remember her? I did come upon some clips from late 1992/early 1993 where Carole was working as Victor's secretary and looked VERY unhappy. Anyone remember?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Great question. I'm 99% certain Carole and Skip just faded away, never to be mentioned again.

I recall, years later, Christopher Templeton was diagnosed with a serious cancer...but apparently eight+ years later she is still surviving.

http://christophertempleton.com/

She also has a blog

http://www.christophertempleton.blogspot.com/

It seems she is a breast cancer survivor who is dealing with recurrence and metastasis. F*ck that disease! Just f*ck it!

• Members

I am sure Mark is right and Carol just stopped appearing.it's interesting how some characters get a send off and others fade away

Another example of how things have regressed on soaps.You would think that Carol would have been a forerunner for depicting characters with disabilities,but instead 20 tears later,they are compeltely unrepresented.

Of course we have Adam who is 'blind' but that issue has never been dealt with in any depth.

Archived