Y&R: Eric Braeden and Sony reach deal

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's not really about power. It's about this preposterous idea that she is entitled to do both. That she is oh-so-talented.

Don't get me wrong: Victoria Rowell brought so much class and refinement to the role of Dru and really grew with it, but this... This she shouldn't have done.

• Members

I know.

There's also another thing I hate (more Braeden-related): the fact that he can choose if he wants to go by the script or do the entire scene in his own way. Sure, he has his stamp on Victor being the ass that he is, but it is insulting to the script writers and the other actors which might not know what to do next (then again, they might have already gotten used to it). Let's hope he lost some of his privileges with this return (since he wasn't fired).

• Members

And yet she is.

Where are her co-stars?

How much effort have TPTB expended for the remaining minority cast in her absence?

What kind of respect does Kristoff a multiple time Emmy winner & 20 year vet command?

It isn't Animal Farm.

It's Daytime Television.

And when you're White and/or Male it's perfectly ok to ALWAYS receive preferential treatment over those uppity Minorities who should know their place & suffer in silence.

• Members

I actually had an email conversation with one of the performers on Y&R earlier this week...and he/she spontaneously said the same thing...EB is the last of the cast going through this. Everyone else has been dealing with these cuts for some time. Therefore, they resent that he gets all the attention for the cuts--when absolutely everyone else got the same brutal treatment, and did so mostly in silence (Jess and Melody notwithstanding).

Archived