SPOILER- Melody Thomas Scott (Nikki)

• Members

What about Karen Harris?

I also have a bit of a soft spot for the Cullitons. I know that her work at ATWT has been overrated, but I did like his run at ATWT, and I think they both did good stuff at AW and their PC run was a lot better than most of what was to come.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think, and I might be wrong, that she and all the other potential HWs from General Hospital find The Young and the Restless a pompous borefest of a soap. I might be wrong, but that's just a feeling I have. And which is why I'm kind of cautious about my wishes. But I bet they'd be a whole lot better than this present, shameful era.

• Members

I don't mean to generalize because Karen Harris strikes me as being a lot more well-rounded and versatile than her GH/PC resumé might suggest. But this writer is *built* for GH. She lives and breathes the show and has it running in her veins. She grew up on it, was trained by Labine and then kept on by Guza and has formed a relationship with those other members of the writing team who have been there for 10-15 years. She loves the GH stalwarts (Robin especially) and her dialogue often reflects that. IOW, she is not a match for Y&R. But she (and Patrick Mulcahey and Michelle Val Jean) are perfect matches for GH. Which is why I hope she stays until it breathes its last (and who knows? Maybe get to co-HW for it one day, although she says she loves dialogue-writing so much, she wants to keep doing that).

Y&R needs a long-time person writing its show. Somebody who cut their teeth on the show, who actually remembers what Bill Bell taught them, who loves the show like it is their own flesh-and-blood. No biggie!

• Members

Remember that scene from Runaway Bride when Maggie is finally marrying Ike where on one side of the church we see the local townfolk and on the other the businesspeople from New York in their black powersuits with annoying sunglasses? Well, those New Yorkers are our GH writers. It's just monstrously difficult for me to see Karen Harris or Elizabeth Korte writing and liking the old Y&R.

That is why of all of GH staff Michele Val Jean seams like the most reasonable choice. To me. She knows how to write for the soul.

• Members

And not to forget: I think and have said it many times that Lynn Marie Latham failed miserably penning Y&R not only because she is a dreadful writer in her own right (despite some praising her Homefront, for example), but also because she loathed this show.

Same applies to Hogan Sheffer.

• Members

I agree. Hogan hates all of soaps. He made his contempt for most soap conventions (older characters, strong female characters, men who aren't raging a$$holes, history, family, friendship, and so on) clear, some of them in interviews.

LML seems to want to completely realign most of the shows she works on. It worked somewhat at KL, because they were going through major change anyway. It didn't work at Y&R, although I think it worked better than this team and their "vision" have.

• Members

We have no confirmation it was 26 weeks. Michael Logan said MTS was allowed to return "on her terms", but then he added "for now". Who knows what the f*ck that meant. Truly, if Victor can be permanently gone (like Dru), then anything can (and will) happen.

Like dead serial killers coming back again...that kinda stuff.

• Members

Ok more news from my source. This is for 2010, there has been speculation/rumours that 2 more legacy characters are leaving (Female and male character). But im not going to tell who it is its way too, too soon for me to post who they are. :( But Im going to say the future for legacy/core characters is not looking good.

Archived