Days:Casting News

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

When they first brought Chloe back under Sheffer, I was shocked that it worked. I thought the character blossomed all of a sudden as this vixen in furs, seducing Shawn, scheming with Phillip and playing Belle. But no sooner did that get started, they dumped the whole writing team, and now Chloe's back to being the boring ingenue again. The Chloe that returned in 2007(?) had the potential to be this show's answer to a Tina Lord or a new Sami, the comic vixen with a heart of gold. They didn't mine it for what it was worth and now she's bland. Imagine if they'd been willing to play a triangle or quad with her, Phillip, an INTERESTING Stephanie, and have Chloe involved with Martsolf's Brady, who turns out to be Stefano's new "Pawn?"

• Members

Oooh, I love that. I actually had forgotten that brief period of Chloe, because as soon as Shawn and Belle were out the door, that character vanished. I really bought her as this self-centered, semi-scheming bitch with the mysteriously vanished husband and the faaaaabulous opera career.

• Members

I would have bought her more if Sheffer hadn't used her so contemptuously as such a piece of meat, obviously disdained by most of the men around her (such as Phillip so obviously preferring Belle, who had all the sexual charisma of Mickey Horton). He would have just discarded her or made her into some long-suffering whore in need of rescue from her own degradation, like what happens on most of his soaps. Or he would have casually offed her, like he did Willow.

• Members

That's a good point. I guess I liked the potential of that iteration of Chloe.

Another random question re: casting and returns -- why was Martsolf brought on as Brady? I mean, I know they planted that seed of "Brady's gone missing and we don't know where (even though his father and grandfather are bazillionaires)," but the way they've used the character, he could just as well be Eric Brady. Eric has history with Nicole, he is supposed to be Sami's age -- which would save us this awkward [!@#$%^&*] about "My big brother Brady!" or whatever -- and he had no past with Chloe, which they're ignoring anyway.

• Members

I guess I'm the minority here, but I liked Fay Walker! I always hoped she'd come out on top, really givin' it good to Nicole or shooting her husband... she is the token battered woman who didn't stand up for herself. Brandon looked out for her, but Nicole-- despite being used and abused by daddy-- took her father's side. They were truly a twisted, effed up family and for awhile I could've seen Nicole as being a really multi-dimensional character we could've delved into (like the first time she and Austin had a connection together around 2000-2001) but instead they made her a horny nympho with Colin Murphy and then made her a killer.

Totally forgot that Nicole tampered with Chloe's surgery... and now they're the best of friends!

I also agree that 2002 was the last stellar year for DAYS. It's all been pretty much hit or miss since then, with most of the time being miss. I think the last time I really enjoyed DAYS was sometime in 2006 during the period between Reilly leaving and Sheffer taking over (Beth Milstein was the interim headwriter then, correct?)

One simple thing that shows to myself that I don't find anything that great about the show these days... I think the only thing in the past 5 years that I've made a point to keep on tape was John & Marlena's final episode. And perhaps a Christmas episode or two. But otherwise, not since the "return from Captive Island" or whatnot have I kept any special moments for keeps. It's all just blah now.

Archived