Days:Casting News

• Members

And worked with Hattie. Actually I think your right and I was wrong; Fay was never comic relief was she? I think I might have been confusing her with Barb's get rich schemes. Goodness there was a good period of time where I did not watch Days at all during that era. I think it might have been the scene where Mimi washed up on the beach in a giant claim as a mermaid a ripped off Chloe's hair that turned me off completely. So I missed a lot...or nothing at all.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ah yes 2001/2002 were some of the darkest Days ever...by the way these are scenes that made me take like a nine-month break for the show except for Christmas during that period...I believe this aired in that summer:

DAY25AG.jpg

DAY25AH.jpg

DAY25AI.jpg

DAY25AJ.jpg

As you can see Mimi dressed as a mermaid ripped off Chloe's hair...absolutely ridiculous with dreadful dialogue!

• Members

Oh, God, I remember the fuckin' Walkers. I hated the whole family, yes all of them, and I still do. Fay had a face like a burnt skillet and a demeanor like she was dying from food poisoning. And yet they kept doing scenes with poor Abe being like, "yes, creepy old white woman, I want you."

And yes, the dude playing evil Paul(?) Walker was WAY too [!@#$%^&*] young to have fathered them kids. He was like some Skinemax After Dark hunk, just terrible. There was no way to believe that he either had fucked Fay or fathered people that old. It was one of many nadirs in DAYS history.

• Members

He very well have been. The late 90s were full of Skinemax actors (Jeff Griggs, Kevin Spirtas, and that guy who played Barb's husband). That was a really weird era for the show. Do you remember when the token overweight character gave a big speech to everyone on the beach, blasting them for not giving her a chance? The poor girl's name was practically PSA. Then she vanished afterwards. They also had the nerd who was, naturally, a gym stud who just happened to wear glasses and dorky clothes. It was all very Saved by the Bell.

I'm surprised at Nicole's longevity. She was the most bland of blands; even her fantasies were boring (she wanted to model clothes in a department store!). Then they introduce that dull Bible class sister who vanishes without a trace and has never been mentioned since. Then she slowly devolves into the psycho who sabotages Chloe's plastic surgery and leaves Chloe scarred!for!!life!!! They don't even interact now, do they?

• Members

Do you mean Susan Adamson aka gigantor? Hilariously played badly by two different heavyset actresses! Although whoever appeared as Susan in 2007 during the high school reunion seemed to have lost the weight.

And yes isn't strange since her return last year Nicole has hardly been in Chloe's and to some extent Brady's orbit? Strange. I remember after he break up with Brady because he found out the truth behind her hiring Jan to kill Victor and contaminating Chloe's face that she drank all the time and was in a drunken stupor helping out Sami reveal Kate's schemes via a smoke bomb. Then she became obsessed with Austin again and then just left town after sleeping with Roman(!)

• Members

Yes. I didn't know he came back for the reunion. Did they bring the hot nerd back? Or the "bad boy", Jason?

I never knew Nicole slept with Roman. Ew.

I don't think they have any idea what to do with Chloe, I'm not sure why they brought her back, but I'm surprised she doesn't interact with her a little more. I never understood why Chloe or Nicole wanted Lowder's Brady (although I know Arianne would disagree with me!). Now this Brady, he's hot, so I would get it. So naturally he doesn't have anyone.

• Members

Lets see what we had in 2002.

- The Vegas storyline when Austin left Sami. Jennifer & Greta found out Jack's lies.

- The end of the Baby Switch: Bo and Hope giving up JT to Glen and Barb. Lexie going crazy.

- The return of Tony (well Andre).

- Chloe's lekumia.

- The return of Lisa Rinna's Billie.

- Hope and Zack kidnapped by Larry Welch (anoter return) who framed Lexie for it.

- Colin's murder during Victor and Nicole's wedding.

- The start of the DiMera/Brady feud, but since Cwikly and Brash were demoted they never got a chance to finish it.

- A much better balance of the cast than what we had before during Langans teen invasion.

That is why I loved the year of 2002.

And you think all of that was worse than what we got after?

For me it was a pain to watch most of 2003, all of 2004-2006 and most of 2007-2008.

Archived