Guiding Light discussion thread

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Lord this is so bad. And the garish lighting. I always felt GL overcompensating for filming in NY by having the most brightly lit soundstages in daytime. And it's still crazy to me 20 years later that they fired Laura Bell Bundy when she was clearly the best Maura.

• Members

No..it was Rauch and his love for blasting the lights which he brought over from ABC. God, the monarchy and the mob crap...so damn boring...and for a show so worried about demos, so damn retro silly.   Who knew the highlight would be a discussion between Frank and Blake as old friends..just talking? I still think they should have made Ross and Blake the core talk to couple...LK never was good with the bitchy Blake she was always too nice and warm. 

• Members

Both Stringfield and LK were funny when playing Blake..but in different ways.  Stringfield had a dry sense of humor (like Maureen Garrett ) while LK had a more whimsical sense of humor (which the show used to full effect. Sometimes too much).

I did love the brief times the show remembered Blake and Frank as friends. 

• Members

Oh gosh 2001 was such a mess of a year for GL. 48% of it was awful Santos family melee, 48% of it was horrific San Cristobel drivel, and the other 2% was focused on hogwash such as Rick/Harley/Phillip and Romeo Jones. What was so funny is Rauch touted Gold as “not hack who has been on 18 different shows” even though Gold had previously actually worked with Rauch on both AW and OLTL