Guiding Light discussion thread

• Replies 12.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I agree so much. I always thought he was like a body with no personality. And weirdly, I've never been a fan of Vanessa. Way too much "Daddy!" from her, which is funny because Blake is one of my favorites and she had a major case of daddy issues.

What was the general dislike about Holly and Fletcher? The baby storyline I get the hate for, especially because it went nowhere and ended up making Holly look like the worst mother out there/insane. But I thought Fletcher was a pretty good match for her. However, they were already together when I started watching GL in college so perhaps it was the lead up to it that wasn't good?

Edited by GH_Girl

• Members

Holly and Fletcher worked together at the Springfield Journal as Holly needed to get away from WSPR so she bought into the newspaper. One night after a fight with Roger, Holly came into the office and they ended up having sex on the desk. This was in late 1994, prior to McTavish. Fletcher and Holly went public with their relationship in Feb/Mar of 95, again prior to McTavish. The wedding of Fletcher and Holly and Meg fell under Laibson and McTavish. (I had a video tape of their wedding, with credits, as I converted it to DVD, but now it is misfiled, so no easy way to check, if the wedding was one, or both.) I just recall the switchover happening in the summer of 1995.

• Members

Wow, the confrontation between Alexandra and Roger was epic. I wonder if this episode is what got Michael Zaslow his first Daytime Emmy nomination in 1992. IIRC, he was also GL's first nomination and win ever in the Lead Actor category.

Edited by kalbir