The Game Show Thread!

bellcurve

• Members

I haven't seen the revivals yet and want to check them out. I still watch the classic episodes. GSN has just started running 1982 episodes of Pyramid last week. If the networks revive more classic game shows in the future, I would like to see a new Tic Tac Dough, Name That Tune, Sale Of The Century, and Jokers Wild. Tic Tac Dough was revived briefly in 1990 with Patrick Wayne, but he was seen as a horrible host and game show fans still make fun of him. 

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I was wondering about that. See what happens when you let the game be the star? Pyramid has natural, built-in suspense, and the game doesn't drag itself out to fill its timeslot like the single-contestant primetime game shows do. It's truly one of the greatest game shows ever created, and I'm pleased as hell that it revived faithfully (because that's the word we use for game shows, not "reboot") and won the night.

• Members

I was surprised too. For a while they were showing two back to back Jim Perry version of Card Sharks after they took off the 85/86 episodes. Then when I tuned in last Monday they started showing 1982 shows. Last Week's celebs were Constance McCashin and Robert Mandan.

• Members

Another great pair of episodes for Pyramid! The SNL girls were both fantastic celebrity partners, and Mario Cantone (who looks more and more like Pat Harrington as he grows older) is playing like a pro as well. Robin Roberts...well, I'm glad she recognized pretty early that she's not too good at giving clues. The categories and clues are so NOT desperate for shock value tonight, and it just makes for a good, clean game. Hopefully the ratings hold steady or go up!

I'll give the first half of MG a chance and if it's as obnoxious as last week, I'm done with it.

I really cannot deal with these stupid asses on MG who turn up cards that have nothing to do with the question at all. And how hard is it for them to write a question with a definitive fcking answer. First round yielded ONE POINT. The lady's question had a definitive answer of "butter" but everybody was trying too hard to be funny (she should have easily gotten 3 or 4 points). The guy's question was just awful.

Man, fck this stupid ass sht. I couldn't even make it through the first half.

• Members

:lol: She was downright terrible. Robin is an awful player. 

And I am LOLOLOLOL on your MG comments. The show is trying to hard to be funny with over the top questions and answers from the panel. If it continues it won't last on Sunday night. 

• Members

I'm no game show connoisseur, but have you tried to watch Canada's recent version of Match Game? I've randomly seen a couple episodes sporadically since it started a couple of years ago. I have no idea if it may have the same problems as the one you're currently ashamed about, but there are loads of episodes on YouTube if you just type in "Match Game Canada." The panelists usually only have one majorly known celebrity/comedian that you may know, while the others are of the same type, but probably only known to Canadians with varying degrees of notability. I do know that the host, Darrin Rose (also a comedian), is super crush worthy. So at least there's that.

• Members

ABC’s “Celebrity Family Feud” (1.5) and “$100,000 Pyramid” (1.5) were each up from  last week, while “Match Game” had a 1.2 up a tenth from last week. CFF and Pyramid continue to maintain their audience while MG drops in the second half hour. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived