How to fix ABC soaps?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Unless they do that everything else is a waste of time. It's like trying to grow mangoes at the North Pole.

And I don't think any current soap can be "saved" depending on how you define that term. Let them finish running their course with some dignity before they all turn into GL.

• Members

Give the shows back to the executive producers, and let them have dominate control again.  The way they did during the 80s, 90s and early 2000s.  Soaps were better when the EPs were totally running the show, and making creative and administrative decisions - as opposed to now, with it seeming like their biggest fuction these days is simply making sure that the wishes of the daytime head and the head writers are being carried out, and that the studio is being upkept.  Give me the days when it was Rauch and Gottlieb who were deciding how the show was going to look and feel and had storyline control.  Also it wouldn't hurt if the shows went back to having their own branding again.   All three of the ABC soaps have near identical openings and bumper shots, which dillutes their individual personalities.  It didn't use to be that way.

• Members

For AMC don`t do this bitchy LA move to "Save Money".Yeah right,we know that Fons is trying to kill AMC slowly and painfully.

OLTL i don`t mind right now.Its ok but there would be some minor things to make the show better like getting rid of Cop Storylines and focusing more on Starr Manning.Not the teens but Starr herself.I think if OLTL has a future,Starr Manning and Viki Lord Banks need to headline that future.

For GH.We all know that The Mob must be decreased and veterans must return.

If this happens.ABC will give CBS and Days a run for their money.Now it is just pathetic.

Archived