Lesli Kay Back To ATWT

• Members
Colleen Dion was fierce and fantastic as Felicia during her 2004 run. I was sad to see her go, because I felt like there was lots more they could have explored with the Felicia character and her chemistry with Jack Wagner was just off-the-charts(which is funny because that's the one man/woman I feel Lesli Kay does not have chemistry with).

Lesli Kay was a wonderful recast, but aside from the colon cancer story and the Felicia/Dante/Bridget lamerangle, they haven't given her anything meaty to do, which is awful because I've always felt like if Felicia were written as she was when Colleen played the role, Kay could have easily hit those scenes out of the park and etched herself into "lead actress" territory with KKL and Flannery(which is, in a way, where Felicia was when Colleen played the role).

But Kay was clever by a.) being a team player and b.)playing and add-libbing the crumbs the way SHE wanted, and therefore, not falling off the map like so many stars on the backburner do. I'll never forget her "friendship" with Ashley. Kay totally initially played that as Felicia wanting Ashley as more than just a friend and if you consider Felicia being a party girl all over Europe, it's not entire implausible that she would have a girl crush. And I feel like she and Eileen played off each other really well in scenes.

With that said, Lesli Kay was never the problem with Felicia. Brad Bell treating this character like a glorified dayplayer IS the problem. Kay deserves better than B&B.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I thought Dion's 2004 return was transitioning Felicia into being the less hardened character, but she did do a great job in that story. I was disappointed when they replaced her, although I know Dion apparently didn't want to be on the West Coast full time. It's strange because I am often very picky about recasts of my favorite characters, so, while I never cared when Kristen was recast or when they trade Ricks, I did expect to be angry about Felicia being recast. However, Lesli Kay really impressed me from day one and I thought those early scenes between her Felicia and Stephanie were fabulous. I think she more than any of the other women on the show is a potential successor to what Flannery brings to the canvas.

I don't quite get why B&B has ignored Felicia while continuing to flog various dead horses such as Taylor and her daughters, or Donna.

• Members
I read in Digest that she wasn't able to show up to certain tapings, which was why they had to write her out. Scheduling conflicts. Shame, because she was really great and the kind of female character the canvas really needed at the time!

In complete and total agreement here.

Part of it has to do with how undamaged Felicia is, but another part has to do with what Lesli Kay brings to the table versus her other female co-stars, who appear to sleepwalk through all of their scenes or seem really disconnected from the material. Maybe it's because they've said the same script over and over again.

Me either.

• Members

They should've just let Felicia stay dead back in March 2006. It's clear that they only keep the character around because LK is popular and not because they want to use the character. They brought on TWO male characters in Felicia's age group this year and neither one of them has been anywhere near her. That shows an unbelievable lack of commitment to this legacy character. CUT HER LOOSE, BRAD.

Also, what was the point of having Felicia and Thorne leave Forrester? Probably so they can have even LESS air time. :rolleyes:

• Members

I don't think they should have let Felicia stay dead, because she is a legacy character and like Kristen, someone may eventually have some use for her when Flannery retires and they finally run Taylor and the Logan sisters into the ground. But I do hate that they seem to have never really had any interest in her. I wonder if Kay Alden has some issue with her or something.

That's true. I don't watch as often now but for many years one of the reasons I stuck with Brooke was because KKL usually gave her best. Many of the cast members just don't seem to bother. Flannery always does, and it gives that extra energy. It's a very unique kind of strength which is reminiscent of some of the movie goddesses of the 30s and 40s. Kay also has that uniqueness. There's no energy in many of the show's women, they just seem perpetually underwhelmed, if they can move their faces at all.

• Members

Not to turn this thread about Lesli into a pissing contest, but, opinions are based on what you perceive of a person, and if that persons kids are being quoted as saying their mother's boyfriend is beating/whipping them, even her youngest daughter who has had all kinds of health problems/cancer etc, no doubt adding to the trauma of having lost a brother so recently as well, then I am going to perceive this person negatively, and I take issue with some things about Hunter Tylo, that being the most pressing.

If she was having an affair (oh wait, she did... read her book) or using a book about her daughter to prop herself or anything like that, OK I can shrug it off (the latter more than the former) but given her insatiable need for publicity, if I was her and something like that was circulating about me, wild horses couldn't drag me from trying to tell my side of the story, knowing full well that public perception doesn't adhere to the guilty until proven innocent idea, and that people may take issue with this.

OK that said, does anyone know where the ignore poster button is that everyone talks about? It sounds like bliss.

• Members

*AHEM!!*

Getting back on topic....

I am ecstatic that LK is returning to ATWT. Martha Byrne said she saw her in L.A. and she was excited about coming back. I feel for her, though, travelling back and forth so much. However, Marie Wilson, frontburner at ATWT right now, lives in Cali. and flies back and forth to tape ATWT.

I admire anyone who can show that much dedication to their work.

Archived