Lesli Kay Back To ATWT

• Members

I agree. I liked Molly, I just didn't like most of her stories, if that makes any sense. I thought her introduction was great. Then she became the crazy stalker and this weird quasi-comic schemer who hogged way too much airtime from 1997-1999. I thought Jake did wonders for her. After he died she slipped into the same malaise most other characters fell into during that time.

I think Molly, even with the retcons, did fit into the fabric of Oakdale. I don't really think Janet or Liberty or this version of Meg have.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You know just the other day I thought it would be fun if Molly returned to the show! I'm happy to her she's returning to ATWT and interested in seeing how this dual show thing pans out. I've seen it done with Susan Seaforth-Hayes of course. I hope Molly teams up with Carly to take Janet down.

Makes sense to me. Molly was likeable and of course Kay is wonderful but a lot of her storylines where just out there. They tied her too quickly to Holden with them being being former lovers and then of course Molly went to go see her cousin who randomly turned out to be Carly. But hey, it worked somehow, especially with the latter! Holden and Lily's wedding which was a major event for the show and they even brought back a few Snyder characters turned into a Molly story when she showed up as the second bride. Then there was Molly/Reid, the less said the better. Molly's last year was spent as a sad lonely figure as she tried moving on past Jake and felt Carly abandoned her after making up with Rosanna. They bounced her around from Mike to Dusty to Paul etc.

Christina Chambers in the role was torture imo and badly miscast. At the time the show had brought back Nikki Munson(for like five minutes) and I remember that actress should have been playing Molly instead because she was very similar to Kay in both appearance and mannerisms.

• Members

Even though ATWT is probably done I still think they screwed the character over enough near the end that they are right to bring her back and tie up loose ends.

I just wish they could do the same with other characters shamefully treated by other regimes, like Connor, Kirk, Evan, Andy, Samantha...

And I want to see Iva again.

I remember later Molly more for being involved in one of my favorite laughably bad Sheffer rewrites.

"Dusty! You used to chase me around the Snyder pond!"

Yes, even though Molly was supposed to have been a part of Holden's life before he ever met Lily, Dusty still came around the farm enough to be her friend.

• Members

Not one of your favourites? Oh. Right. She can act, and she can change her voice to do an accent she doesn't have. That would knock her right down to the bottom of your list.

But then I'm biased, LK is my homegirl.

• Members

I don't like Felicia. Period. She has become a whiny brat and completely unnecessary. Ironically, Felicia used to be one of my favorites back when Colleen Dion played her, and at the beginning of LK's stint, before Brad robbed the character of everything that made her unique.

I have nothing against LK as an actress. In fact, I'd like her to go to Y&R as a recast Diane Jenkins.

Grow. The Hell. Up.

• Members

I know what you mean about Colleen Dion. I think Lesli Kay does a fine job as Felicia but aside from her intro story I don't think she has ever been given anything as Felicia. I thought the story with Dante was flat and then she's had nothing since. If Coleen Dion were there instead of Lesli it would be the same, but I did love the writing for Felicia in the main years Colleen played the role. The Forresters needed that child/sibling who didn't care about fitting in and who was pushed away by the severe dysfunction of the family.

Archived