OLTL: Discussion for the week August 17

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The attempts to make Tea a heroine still don't work for me, no matter how much they have Elijah twist a knife into her. Her big outrage when Elijah cross-examined Matthew was bizarre, given what she did to Starr in order to get the charges against Todd dropped. This character has become nothing but prop city 24/7, between Blair and Elijah going after her and Todd peddling her as his soulmate. Tea is much more interesting when she's not this supposed heroine.

• Members

I thought the David scenes were a nice counterpoint to the more serious courtroom and Jessica's-stalker stuff. I liked that they weren't over-the-top like they have been in the past.

Jessica's hair, though. Woah. Hot mess! Her whole look appeared to be teleported from 1993.

• Members

^^LOL, I have to say, David had me rolling today, there were some really funny moments with the Bukes. I guess it's hit or miss for me, some days I'm steady rolling my eyes, but I really enjoyed his dialogue today.

• Members

RC is such a hack at times. All he had to do to ratchet up the drama in the Stacy/Sky/Gigi/Rex quad is to have had Sky sleep with Stacy around the same time as Rex and bam, we have a genuine "who the baby" story. Instead we get to watch Stacy run around town trying to get impregnated. Another kooky story.

Thank goodness for David. I love the surprise twist that he has been paying Matthew's legal bills. Norah strangling David was funny as hell.

• Members

I watched today's episode because I thought David would be on again which he was not. I came away confident that RC needs intensive therapy. Like the other ABC soap headwriters and EPs, the man has some serious issues with women. I don't get his desperate need to have two women to lust after a rapist and his victim to be constantly be in his orbit. It is impossible for me to believe that Marty can be in a room alone with Todd without being afraid and having flashbacks. This is the man who shoved a sock in her mouth, raped her and held her down while he cheered his friends on as they took turns raping her. It is disgusting and sick.

Despite everything I like Stacy and Schuyler best in that horrible quad. The plan better be to get them together eventually. Scott Clifton looks better than ever. I don't mind Stacy's friend. She is solid enough. Of course with RC, the story is sure to become more convoluted and ridiculous as it goes along.

Vicki and Mayor and then Vicki and Dorian sparring was entertaining, but not enough to make it worth watching the episode from hell.

• Members

That was the old Todd. He's cool now. He helped Marty get her memory back, and they'll never be able to fully quit each other. He also loves Tea, as they need to remind us as often as they can since they don't seem to think viewers will believe it otherwise.

This whole Todd/Tea instalove would work better if Marty wasn't even involved. I know why Blair is involved, because they need a prop for TnT, but I don't know why they keep stringing Marty along. I think they have no idea what to do with Marty. I'm not even sure why they brought her back. She barely interacts with most of the people she used to know and when she does it's usually flat. The relationship with John is very dry. She is so fully buried in her own unhappiness and her anxiety and the fallen butterfly routine, she seems very cut off from the rest of Llanview.

• Members

Maybe I've missed it, but has anyone on the show mentioned the fact that Viki used to be mayor? I read a spoiler that

Was watching this vintage verbal spar between Viki and Dorian (Elaine Princi) the other day and they make mention of Viki's being mayor: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDDSM8a3-Fo&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Eyoutube%2Ecom%2Fuser%2Fabcsoaptv&feature=player_profilepage#t=17 Erika Slezak gives some of the greatest faces, I love how she looks when she realizes Dorian just walked in, like "Oh fuh Heaven's sake..." and how she does her head on the line "What does that mean?" (7:09) when Dorian says she's going to "take care" of Michael Grande.

• Members

This Stacy story is BEYOND stupid. Stacy concieved her dead baby with Rex WEEKS ago. She had a miscarriage about a week or 2 ago. How the heck does she possibly think she can get pregnant now and still pass that baby off as Rex's? I know Rex is dumb as hell these days so maybe he might be fooled, but others like Gigi, Rocy and especially Schuyler would see right through this asinine plot. Dont tell me TIIC are going to dumb the characters down once again and not notice that Stacy gives birth when she's 11 months pregnant.

Archived