OLTL: Discussion for the week August 17

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm so glad OLTL is rocking so many enjoyable stories these days. Love this Rachael girl and I'm glad they've integrated the minority characters: the African Americans and the Gays. It's awesome. They feel real.

And Stacy's not annoying me as much because she's caught in this bind. I'm sure she'll get out of it and be surrounded by idiots in no time flat but it's nice to see her squirm for now.

If only it were available on the abc website. I'm so over youtube clips.

• Members

I don't know....no one seemed to notice when Margaret was pregnant for 12 months.

Why didn't she just go to a sperm bank and be done with it? lol

Plus, what may be a week or two in real time, is probably only a day or two in OLTL time.

• Members

I agree....it does not appear as if they have any real plans for Marty. She has become like a tumbleweed blowing around in the wind, but with no real purpose or home these days. Outside of John, Cole, and Hope we really haven't seen her around anyone else (aside from an occassional scene with Jessica, Viki, or Todd). She has no real function right now.

• Members

Well, I hate this Stacey story for many reasons, but I have to say the possibility that Schuyler - the one likable character in the mix - may not be the one to get Stacey pregnant and become as stupid and selfish as everyone else by lying about it so that Stacey can continue to cause problems between Rex and Gigi is definitely not one of them. In fact, the possibility that Fish could end up being the father is the only thing giving me hope that any of this will be watchable. If we have to watch one of the most antiquated soap stories there is, which should have become extinct when DNA paternity testing became something the general public knows about, then at least tying it to a contemporary issue like gay parenting would put a different spin on it. And I'd rather Stacey just leave town, but if she has to stay and continue to get away with everything, then at least this could lead to a fresh take on a classic soap story for characters who have the potential to be interesting: Fish sleeps with Stacey in a last ditch effort to convince himself he's not gay. It wasn't what he hoped it would be Stacey's got what she needs from him, so Fish doesn't see anyone from the Morasco fiasco for months. During which time he starts to come and decides he wants Kyle back. They are finally about to get back together, when it comes time for the paternity test and Stacey tells Kyle that Fish is really the father. Kyle reverts to form and once again helps rig the DNA test because he'll lose Fish all over again if being a daddy sends him back into the closet. He ends up losing him anyway when the [!@#$%^&*] finally hits the fan, and then it's Kyle's turn to win Fish back. And so on. (None of that is a spoiler, just off the top of my head.) It would be like Vicky and Ryan on AW or Jack and Carly on ATWT...except it happens to be a couple of gay guys.

I do agree that Friday's episode was the low point of the week. There wasn't even a cliffhanger, and if not for Viki and Dorian's scenes and a brief glimpse of Tea fighting something to fight for that's more important than Todd, there would have been literally nothing to hold my interest. Marty as Todd's therapist? Eww! Stacey and Gigi and Rex? Zzzzz... Blair, a woman pushing 50, with nothing better to do than using her aunt's money to have her ex's new/old flame investigated while she lounges by the pool? Nice work if you can get it. And that Disney product placement with John and Marty was just so weird...

Archived