OLTL: Discussion for the week July 27

• Members

Very enjoyable show today.

Loved the scenes between Viki and Noelle, it was such a treat to go down memory lane with Viki while she told Noelle about all of her husbands. Nice touch with all the photos. Gosh,

I tell you, Matthew has some spunk. LOL

Just what Jessica and the family need right now, for Jessica to lose her mind AGAIN. Poor Bree, the way she was looking at her mother was like she (Jess) had grown three heads. Thank goodness Natalie came it to save the little girl.

Starr and Cole - Starcrossed lovers. :rolleyes:

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree, the show's been really entertaining, this past week in particular. I could watch the "older set" like Bo, Nora, Viki, and Clint all day, I find their relationship woes very interesting because I find these *characters* interesting, once again, youth is terribly overrated.

I'm not a big Gigi fan, or fan of FF's acting in general, but I also really enjoyed that interview and she earned a few points in my book. Still don't really know what she's like as a person, but she seemed less annoying than I imagined.

People knock EA, I did too, but I think he's doing a pretty damn good job, once they gave the kid a chip on his shoulder (which was of course pre-accident), he got 10 times more interesting. I really used to think that OLTL would face an awkward situation when they inevitably recast him, but they saved themselves from all of that by fleshing out the character. And Destiny's no Dakota Fanning, but I still find her endearing, monotone line readings and all.

Having said all that, WOW, I was NOT ready for Matthew and Destiny going in for the kiss, I was like, "omigod omigod omigod omigod omigod", and not in a giddy teenage girl way, but in a Susan Lucci's about to walk on stage and accept Susan Flannery's Emmy kinda way. I'm probably being unfair, but there is just something very awkward about those too, they don't have to be romantic, they can just be great friends. If they stay on the show, they'll probably develop a Cass and Felicia type relationship.

• Members

I wish they didn't have Dorian act quite so childish over Viki. That feud has become so juvenile, it's unbecoming of women who are in their 60s. I miss the Dorian who could at times be mature, regal even.

I agree about not wanting to see a Destiny/Matthew relationship, not for a few years at least. I would like to see a slow-building story and I think this would also help the girl who plays Destiny.

• Members

I thought Matthew's talk to God today was very good, but Destiny cannot act and I don't want to deal with his first kiss being with such a hunk of wood. Recast her, please, I'm begging.

Nora's scenes with Rachel where she explained why she couldn't trust in Bo's feelings were HBS's best work in a long time. That was heartbreaking, and very true; it spoke to the sad history between Bo and Nora over the last decade. Both RSW and HBS (and Jerry Ver Dorn) are selling the hell out of this storyline and I think it's about to get even more complicated.

• Members

This is what vets can do. Imagine that, Brian Frons!

I thought Viki's little trip down memory lane was very good, although I thought she genuinely loved Steve Burke, beyond just her father putting them together. I was surprised they remembered Roger. I was very moved by the Clint Ritchie reference. There's no reason why you need to ignore an actor's legacy, and they had the reference in a way which respected him without disrespecting JvD. It was very touching.

• Members

ITA with everything you said, scenes like that are my favorite, they are crystalline examples of what make the soap genre so special. You don't get moments like that in primetime, can only happen on a long-running soap where there are decades' worth of emotional investment.

The Clint Ritchie moment was wonderful, going back to Kassie Blair's flashback to Mia Blair, OLTL is the best when it comes to that sort of thing. And the way Noelle said, "He looks different", and Viki (ERIKA, really) said lovingly, "He WAS different", oh man, my eyes are watering as I type this.

The show is aware of its OTT campy history yet it has always retained an air of class and social relevance, OLTL is like Passions with a doctorate degree. I love how they aren't afraid to wink to the audience from time to time.

• Members

Good week.. Really liked Lindsay's guest appearance and how Bo didn't forget about her and asked her for advice on what to do. Really hope we get to see more of Cat in the weeks to come.

I'm hoping Nora doesn't go through with the wedding to Clint (Bo & Nora finally kiss after 10000 years!!!!), but I'm hoping Viki gets a happy ending with Charlie.

Is Jessica really seeing Nash? What's going on there? That would be interesting, but I have a feeling it will be another mental health storyline for Jessica... Not sure...

• Members

Great show today!!!

Loved seeing Viki/Charlie together. This couple to me is just so sweet and very romantic, just wish they'd get more of a story.

Dorian was a hoot. Can't wait to see what she does next.

I'm really liking Matthew and Destiny, and I'm looking forward to this trial.

Great scenes between Nora and Rachel, but damn Nora was putting such a damper on what should be a wonderful day. I wish she'd just bow out and let Viki and Charlie have their day.

Lindsay!!! Man I miss Linz, and I so miss her and Bo together.

• Members

How did Natalie (when she made that crack about hijacking a laundry truck to bust out of jail and stop the wedding) have a better understanding of what Lindsay would be thinking than Bo? Why would he think that Lindsay would talk him out of stopping Nora's wedding? Nora did that to Lindsay - twice! - so I wouldn't blame Lindsay one bit for telling Bo whatever she had to tell him to get him to stop the wedding. In fact, I hope she was playing him. What kind of a creep would come visit her, presumably for the first time since she's been in jail, to whine about his romantic dilemma? It was good to see Lindsay though.

Loved Dorian.

I'm not sure what to think of what's going on with Jessica. She needs to either be sane or go back to St. Anne's for good (or at least for 72 hour observation...was she ever even hospitalized after kidnapping the baby that wasn't hers and crossing state lines?). And since they've finally found a love interest for her in Brody that makes for a likeable couple, my vote would be to keep her around in a non-over-the-top story. So what is the deal? Is someone gaslighting her, I wonder? Rex's long-lost father, perhaps? That's not a spoiler at all, just the only suspect I can come up with. I sure hope it's not Stacey, to get back at her for telling her off at the ballet class or something...Stacey sure doesn't need to be involved in yet another story. After watching Y&R a few times in recent months, it crossed my mind that David might be coming back and he's the one making Jessica think she's losing her mind again, to get back at the Buchanans for not welcoming him into the family, and eventually he would have to seduce Fish to keep from getting arrested for it. But hopefully that's not where this is headed, though I would welcome David back (for the 100th time).

Archived