• Replies 904
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
me too, but man that had to be one of the most bizarre turn in soap history that a character ever took. She was so sweet and nice in the beginning. Who would have thought, she'd end up the way she was. Didnt they make her Alistair's daughter and Sheridan's half sister? Who was her mother?

• Members

Yes Beth is Alistar's daughter, her mother told her before she almost slept with him. Her mother was Edna Wallace who took interesting turn as well. She ended up as a lesbian married to crazy Norma after years as a prostitute(who let her john's molest her daughter if I'm remember that part correctly)

• Members

Surely Gwen had her fans, but If what you say is true, how come you think most fans rooted for Theresa? Not to answer my own question, but could it be the way Lindsey portrayed the character? Even with the writing, most of what Theresa did throughout the series was well intentioned.

On a different note, JER's passing happend literally months after Passions ended. Who do you think could have continued writing the show had it continued as head writer, or who would you have preferred?

I personally think Ron C. would have been a good choice to write the show with his comedic style of storytelling.

• Members

My issue with Simone # 2 was that the actress didn't seem to understand the character at all. I really don't mean to be offensive here, but the Russells appeared to be the only black family in the lily white town of Harmony, New England, and here comes Simone #2 with a more 'urban flavor'. She seemed out of place in her own family.

• Members

This isnt the hospital but she slaps her in the house. So she slapped her more than once? Good for her! Grace was a disgrace as a mother.

God I hated Grace. She acted like she hated Kay, her own daughter. I lovd when Kay teamed up with Ivy to break up her marriage. I only hated that Grace never found out what Kay did. I wanted Kay to revel in the pain she caused her

Deanna looked nothing like the previous 2 actresses that played the role but I didnt notice till now that she resembled Grace more than any of them. I think it might be the hair color

Edited by Cheap21

• Members

Just noticed this.... I loved that line "bastard is the correct word for me just like BITCH is the right word for you".

I remember when Kay fainted at Charity and Miguel's wedding and Teresa thought to herself "hmmm I should have thought of that" :lol:

Yeah and Grace got on my f-cking nerves and dont even get me started on Charity! I was always Team Kay...lol

I didnt read soap news back then so you cant even imagine how pissed I was when Deanna Wright left and the new Kay came on.

Edited by Eric83

• Members

Grace was so annoying. I did feel kind of robbed in the beginning when Faith was killed by Tabitha. I did want them to meet. The anticipation and build-up was great. I miss that Reilly. The painfully slow, methodical storytelling where EVERY detail is exhausted before you get a fantastic payoff.

I liked Charity somewhat but I was always Team Kay. I also feel like the constant recasting of core characters with hair models did the show NO favor in the end, poor writing or not. I lost a lot of interest in Ethan, Chad, Miguel with their constant recasts and re-writing. I thought Martsolf was overrated as Ethan. I think he's much better as Brady on DAYS. I feel like the men were almost always an afterthought to Reilly, except for the chosen few (Luis, Julian), which is why we got such shitty recasts.