• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • Members

I discovered I had a few Passions episodes from January/February 2003 and found them to be absolutely terrible, worse than I remember. The acting was hammy, the dialogue was awful and the repetition from show to show was just dreadful. The only thing that had me intrigued was the scenes Tabitha and Kay shared in which Tabitha promises to Kay she can teach Kay to become a witch and exploit her own powers she has in exchange for keeping the witchcraft a secret while David and Eve vow to stand their ground against Ivy. The rest was nonsensical especially the whole Antonio in a coma ordeal.

I really only watched the show more than occasionally there from 2001-2003, after the whole Sheridan in the pit thing I gave up--it was disgusting not in the least bit funny or interesting.

• Members

I love Passions! I'm watching the show from the beginning and right now I'm in May 2000. The episode I just watched was the debut for Y&R star Brenda Epperson as Crystal, a friend from Eve's past. The show is too repetitive, but is still very interesting and fresh. Plus I haven't reached the beginning of the crazy recasts yet.

• Members

I think the first year or two of the show had potential, but it seemed like all the storylines were in perpetual hamster wheel (i.e no plot movement). For instance, during an evil Charity event.. Miguel admitted to Kay that if he hadn't seen charity then he was going to ask her out then they start making out. After Charity returns to normal, Miguel and Charity go back to being a lovey dovey couple without any fall out from Miguel making out with Kay... it was like nothing ever changed.

JER seemed to have big events, but the stories remained in constant rinse and repeat. At least the first three years or so that I watched the soap.

• Members

Well one shock for me is seeing these early episodes so heavily deal with Eve's past and I know this wasn't revealed until 2004. I have no idea how they'll stretch it out that long. From the beginning they setup Chad as Eve and Julian's son, setup Chad/Whitney and already had people finding out about Eve. I had assumed we'd learn this information as a slower pace, but the episodes I'm watching now make it seem like Eve will be revealed soon.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Now I'm in the middle of July 2000, when they;re bizarrely having a prom in the middle of summer on a boat! This storyline is giving me EVERYTHING! The entire cast is involved and mixing, which is fun. I hadn't realized how many characters hadn't met Gwen yet! Also, Rebecca has appeared in the form of Maureen McCormick. She's doing good in the role, but I think her similarity to Kim Johnson Ulrich is probably why she didn't last. Her Rebecca seems more cutthroat than Andrea Evans, but it's possible that Evans was more serious in the beginning,

This boat story is perfect. It has a nice blend of comedy and action. As slow as Passions may be, it never feels slow to me, The only story really dragging is this attempt on Sheridan's life. It seems every week the same thing happens and they've played her not believing she's in danger for far too long.Another fun thing was hearing a "dying" Grace tell Sam to tell Noah, Kay and Jessica that she loves them. It was so smart of JER to place those missing children there so you don't have to retcon them in later. It's easy to write them at college or boarding school and prevents you having to bend over backwards to make a new kid story work.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...