• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Inside the July 6th issue of Soap Opera Weekly 1999, the mag covers the upcoming premiere of Passions and gives an insiders guide. Looking back at the article now, I noticed a few interesting things:

Theresa's description makes her seem like she's going to be a villain. "Longing for a life of luxury, scheming, calculating Theresa Lopez-Fitzgerald has her sights set on Ethan Crane... Pilar wants Theresa to be down-to-earth like her eldest son, Luis..."

Frank Lomax, described in the article as "Detective Frank Petito" was suppose to be a main character. I think he was suppose to be Whitney's original love interest as the show alluded to earlier on. That however was scrapped after Chad was introduced and came to town from LA. Frank disappeared.

The article comes with candid photos and a picture of the cast outside of there studio.

I would really like to know what JER's original plans were. Was Theresa meant to be the bad girl that tears apart Ethan and Gwen and be a vixen. Were Frank and Whitney meant to be?

And the biggest surprise for me was, NO TIMMY! The article doesn't mention him so at first I figured maybe this was meant to be a surprise to the audience, but in a later interview with JER, he reveals Timmy was never in Passions bible and only came as a thought while he was laying out the first week of the show. This makes me wonder how Tabithas character was suppose to be without her sidekick.

Oh the things I would like to ask Mr. Reilly.