Y&R: Week of May 18, 2009

• Members

I think that story will dominate actually because it is obviously a MAB favorite and so she gives her favorite storylines her full attention while often letting others flounder. I think Friday's show was a teaser and we will see more of the story play out with Nina interacting more with Cane, Cane acting guilty and Philip IV coming on screen. Philip III will come on later when the story gets going. I read MAB wrote this story because Thom Bierdz called her in February and said he would be interested in coming back. I imagine other actors and storylines were put on hold, so she could fast track and play all the beats of this one. Hopefully she has thought this story through and isn't just going with it because she loves Thom Bierdz.

We will still get Phyllis/Nick/Sharon since they consider that their bread and butter, the Adam gaslighting story feels like Hogan stuff and the Philip story will be treated like other Katherine stories, so we will see it play out daily when it gets going.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

TB would have to be Phillip III unless Jill actually had twins, didn't know it, and neither did Kay who only stole one of the babies. I prefer the idea that he is Phillip who knew his family wouldn't accept him as out of the closet and so he faked his death and left his family to be true to himself.

And here is some today show conversation. I wonder if JT is going to find the bugs Adam has planted since he has several times mentioned performing bug sweeps.

• Members

But Philip was what 19 when he died? We saw him die in the hospital surrounded by his loved ones because of drunk driving, right? That's quite a set up to pull off for a kid just to escape from his life. I could buy him being an emotional mess because of his conflicted feelings and not being able to come out when he was married with a new baby, but not that he faked him own death. Not to mention even if he was afraid of not being accepted what he put his family and child through by denying his existance and running away is pretty crappy.

Then you have the whole mess of Philip being at least 40 played by a 45 yr old while Cane was deSORASed to 33 or so and is played by a 37 yr old and Cane just married a 21 yr old and Philip IV is going to be older than Lily. Nina and Neil were contemporairies and yet someone who is supposedly the same age as her husband just married Neil's daughter which makes the already problematic Lily and Cane age issue even worse. Personally, I don't think MAB should have messed with Philip's death. This story feels almost as contrived as when LML's wrote Katherine kidnapping Jill's baby and making a switch just to bring on Cane as the real Philip except people are willing to give it a chance since they are excited about the return of Thom Bierdz and Tricia Cast.

I know that LML made this mess, but I wonder how MAB is going to write herself out of all these inconsistencies.

Nope, because JT is irrelevant just like Victoria, Lauren, the Winters and Michael most of the time. We are to forget Mac lost her virginity to JT and had moved on from Billy. I think MAB needs to let go of her Mac/Billy coupling. She played it all wrong from the start. Billy and Chloe should have developed as a couple with some genuine feelings and then she could have brought Mac in. She needs to cut her losses and either move Mac off screen or try to see how she works with other characters like Kevin or JT.

• Members

Without making any judgements,I wonder about Thom's return.So he phoned Maria and said he'd be interested in returning.

Is that reason enough to bring back a dead character(if he is to be Phillip) after 20 years?Quinn Redeker,Michael Corbett etc better get Maria on the line.

With the way some stories are going,I wonder if important details are going to be glossed over,leaving us disgruntled.

Those pleading for a new man for Phyliis-there is no room in the cast for any more new characters.Unless of course Keemo returned.There are so many story possibilities there.I wonder why they are backing away from that?

I wish Bellarena would bite the bullet and write out JT/Victoria,Colleen etc or give them something to do!!!

I felt a sick feeling in my stomach when Amber talked about the screenplay.I can see it now

Next week-one scene of Nina and Amber writing(at Crimson Lights)

Week 2 - screenplay complete,Nina gets call from Hollywood conection-it's been picked up!!

Week 3-movie is filming in Genoa City in actual locations (for realism)-actress playing Katherine incapacitated,Katherine must play herself!!!

Week 4-filming completed.

week 5-film premieres(in Genoa City) and is a smash hit nationwide!!!!

• Members

After watching today's episode (God I was hoping I was not being brainwashed but the flaws are becoming more obvious), I'm starting to feel as though if I can only morph EM and CF's best qualities together in one actress, I'd get great performances. I'm still going to hold off until

but I must say I'm this close to joining the bandwagon. CF has only given me one scene that I liked her performance VERY much since joining, and it was the scene with her and Chloe in the bar with the baby. Even today her facial expression at Billy's behaviour was correct but I think that was her moment. Her delivery just wasn't what it should be...

• Members

I've thought all along something went on, and sadly it's going to come out in Y&R time.

On the more fun note, can it be a rule that Amber and Chloe have scenes together every week? That friendship is golden.

• Members

Phillip could be innocent. Maybe some nutcase hospital staff member took it upon themselves to give him something that made him appear dead, for the last 20 years. No matter what happens, it is going to be silly but I have to admit to having one of those historgasms when I saw Tom and realized that they are going to write Cane as a fake.

I have been trying to give CF the benefit of the doubt and didn't dislike her until Monday's scene with Billy after the fight with Kevin. She started walking away before completing her lines and instead of it looking like a dismissive gesture it came across to me more that she just couldn't wait to get off the set. Were these lines even meant for her, or did they just slap Colleen's dialogue onto Mac when the big movie role came up?

I'm starting to wonder if Billy is going to get drunk and try to force himself on her. I think Billy is heading to rehab but what incentive is there for Chloe to stay with him if he's in love with his ex and possibly knocked up a used up old slut? Chloe should divorce the cad and take him for all she can.

Now back to our favorite topic ;) they could try re-pairing Phyllis with Adam. I am wondering if MJ is going to start doing things to Sharon that will be blamed on Phyllis. They might be heading towards a Nick and Sharon reunion, but what is going to prevent him from banging his ex, Phyllis?

Archived