Eastwick: Discussion Thread

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I think this show is cleverly written, very well acted, and just downright charming. Reports of cancellation and tweets from Ashley Benson reportedly "off to the set" are contradictory, but....

I'm still holding out hope that the fate of the show is still TBD. Announcement now or not, I'll wait til May before I believe, whole-heartedly, that it's been cancelled.

I'm also FLOVING the recent casting of Cybill Shepherd. ;)

• Members

Dude, keep up... LOL... :P

I'm not sure if ABC has issued an official announcement, but they did pass on ordering additional episodes.

One of TPTB at the show issued statements to Ausiello, referring to the cancellation.

However, shortly after those were released, Ashley Benson was on her Twitter, talking about how she was headed to the set. (I'm pretty sure production stops when a series is cancelled.) And E! Online was reporting the show was in trouble, but not cancelled.

Just go back and re-read my post. I'm saying......"official announcement" or not, I won't believe, personally, that it is cancelled until the Fall 2010 line-up is released and Eastwick isn't listed. There is simply too much contradiction going on...

Edited original post: sorry; it should've said "reports", not "rumors".

• Members

It just depends on what you want to call it, but the show is dead. its not going to have more episodes than what was ordered. Benson and the cast were finishing the final episodes on their original order.

Sometimes when a show is cancelled the show stops production and thats it. However sometimes they finsih the episode they are working on or their original order and then thats it.

Its Cancelled or Not Picked Up. Either way, its done. The only chance it has is that because its not officially cancelled everyone is still under contract so if ABC ends up with nothing to air there they may pick it back up, but thats a slim to none chance.

Im happy ABC is airing the rest of the episodes tho.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived