CW Fall 2009 Schedule

Toups

• Members

I don't know though....

They've got Welling signed through season 10 (he signed a 2 year deal this past winter apparently).

And Ostroff said this isn't necessarily the last season at the upfronts last week (she said the same for Supernatural as well).

I think as long as it does better than what was on before in that timeslot, it will probably get renewed, since I think even this last renewal was less about ratings and more about getting Welling signed. Even with the move to Fridays, it will probably remain the CW's highest rated scripted show, plus with the DVR ratings counted now, I can see that helping it as well.

That said, I hope that the writers go in with a plan because the big issue with season 8 IMO was the first half rocked then they got Welling signed, got the official pick up, and went into stall mode and focused the back half on Chloe/Davis and Clark became practically a guest star on his own show. They just didn't plan right IMO.

So...if they go in with a plan for seasons 9 AND 10, then I think it would work. And if for some reason they don't get picked up for season 10, then use the last 3 or 4 eps of season 9 to wrap the series.

I'd be surprised though, if SV doesn't end up back on Thursdays at 8 at some point. I'm not sure what the CW was thinking putting a new show up against proven stuff in that timeslot on Thursday nights. I can't see it lasting.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You don't move a show to a death knell time slot like that unless you want to kill it. It's something networks have been doing for DECADES

Doesn't mean diddly, John Glover, John Schneider, etc. etc. were signed on for a certain amount of seasons and we saw they didn't get to fulfill their contracts

Of course she's going to say that LOL, she's not going to come out and say she's trying to kill the show.

I don't think she knows much of anything and I wouldn't believe her if she did. I don't believe much, if anything TIIC say anymore, they're lying liars who lie

• Administrator

I think it's a smart move by the CW because they know it's going to be the last season so moving it to Fridays doesn't really hurt the show - it's still getting a finale. This way they can give a new show a chance and have it on the air for years.

• 1 month later...

Archived