Another World

• Members

Not that it affects your point, but that reminds me that the way the story was originally told, Michael's family name had been Garrison when he worked for the Loves, but he later changed his name to Hudson (making it hard for Marley to track him down). If he had too many links to an existing family, you might have to explain why Donna never had the opportunity to confront him in Bay City earlier. But I suppose it wouldn't be any harder than to explain how Michael found the time between leaving Donna and losing John in Vietnam to force his mother and brother to adopt the name Hudson as well.

If they had kept the Garrison name for Michael, I assume Grant and Ryan would never have been called Harrison.

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Ada flirted with Captain Sean Delaney played by Alan North.  Delaney was a recurring character from 1984-1988.  She also dated Sidney Sugarman played by Larry Haines who played Stu Bergman on SFT.  He was on the show in 1989.  Sidney dated Ada during WWII and in 1989.  Ada and Sidney's backstory  was featured in the 1989 Valentine to Singles episodes, including a flashback to when Ada graduated from the LB Honeywell Beautician School in the 1940s with younger actors playing Ada "Bubbles" and Sidney "Sharkey"

• Members

It would have also been hard for his long lost son Nick to look him up. 

It's amusing how some story heroes had questionable morals.  Michael Hudson, Mac Cory and Russ Matthews all abandoned women pregnant with their children and then sued their current spouses for custody mostly due to spite.

• Members

Louis Zorich has died aged 93.

He played Milo on AW in the  early 90s. I think there was a flirtation with Liz. He also appeared on ATWT and RH. Heaps of primetime credits. married to Olympia Dukakis (Barbara SFT)

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/02/obituaries/louis-zorich-familiar-actor-on-tv-and-stage-dies-at-93.html

Edited by Paul Raven

• Members

Before Michael arrived, his cousin Ellie Garrison appeared. She was portrayed by Lela Ivey, EON's Mitzi Martin

I have a list of characters for Mr. Zorich, and I'm sure there are more....

AMC  ..   Dr. Karpathy

AW ...  Domenick

AW   ...   Milo Simonelli

ATWT   ....   Mystery  Man

ATWT   ...Inspector Haniotis

OLTL  ...  Papa

OLTL...      Rabbi Solomon  

RH    ...     Oliver Jones

RIP to yet another great character actor.

• Members

According to Eddie Drueding, Ellie was the daughter-in-law of Michael's brother Eugene Garrison.

I recall Josephine Nichols (Kate Marshall on Texas) appeared on AW around the same time. Was she Michael's aunt Bertha or somehow connected with the man that Donna had hired to impersonate Michael?

• Members

You're probably right about Ellie, but from my old notes (at least what I have from my notes I have --I was 15 at the time, so I may have misunderstood--)the "Garrisons"  included:

Her grandfather Joe, grandmother Margaret, mother Edna. Edna was sister to Michael's father(or Edna's husband was.

Again that was over 30 years ago, and my notes have been rewritten a number of times. Neither Eugene or Bertha are in my stacks.  I know Josie Nichols was Dee's Grandma Evans in 85. She may very well have been another character (Bertha), but I don't have her.

I've only gotten as far as June of 1980 in the AWHP synopses, so  I haven't gotten to Ellie as yet.